Video Files on Forum ×

"Save All Data" File - Date info wrong

SonnyDaye

For some reason, no matter when you save "All Data" onto a USB stick or onto a PC, the Date Created AND Date Modified ALWAYS shows as a date in January 2013!

This makes it impossible to keep track of how current your backups are.

Is there any way, or workaround, to date stamp these files?

Thanks!

I was getting frustrated by the same thing, so I got into the habit of naming them in the format YYMMDD-#, e.g. For the third backup today it would be named "140317-3". There are three problems with this: it takes a lot of knob twiddling to enter the name; it only allows for nine backups daily ( OK, ten if you include "0"); and the big one - remembering what number thelast backup was!

Oh how I wish Casio would move into the 21st century with its naming conventions - 8+3, really? I thought DOS was dead! Don't get me started on my frustration with having to have the recordings named "TAKExx". And loading stage settings etc. from the USB drive - how can you possibly tell what's what when the name is truncated to such an extent that it's meaningless. If you are loading a stage setting or whatever, you don't need to see the file extension. If that was dropped, at least it would allow for more of the actual name to be displayed.

Put the date in the file name?

I thought of that as a workaround, but I assume you'd have to rename it back to the original/default name if you needed to load it back into the PX. Not a big thing, but was just wondering if there was a way to get it time stamped correctly in the first place.

I was getting frustrated by the same thing, so I got into the habit of naming them in the format YYMMDD-#, e.g. For the third backup today it would be named "140317-3". There are three problems with this: it takes a lot of knob twiddling to enter the name; it only allows for nine backups daily ( OK, ten if you include "0"); and the big one - remembering what number thelast backup was!

Oh how I wish Casio would move into the 21st century with its naming conventions - 8+3, really? I thought DOS was dead! Don't get me started on my frustration with having to have the recordings named "TAKExx". And loading stage settings etc. from the USB drive - how can you possibly tell what's what when the name is truncated to such an extent that it's meaningless. If you are loading a stage setting or whatever, you don't need to see the file extension. If that was dropped, at least it would allow for more of the actual name to be displayed.

All GREAT points! Yup...VERY frustrating!

Hope Mike can get all of these issues taken care of. (-:

I can speak to the date's that show up on the file properties.  This is my thinking.  For the PX-5, they're showing Jan 2013 because that's the date

embedded in the firmware and since the 5s doesn't have a clock, the files created on it gets tagged with that one date.   I have a similar scenario on the MZ-2000.  All files created on it, show up as being made in 1998.  I assume this is the year the MZ firmware was created.  Interesting stuff. 

I can speak to the date's that show up on the file properties.  This is my thinking.  For the PX-5, they're showing Jan 2013 because that's the date

embedded in the firmware and since the 5s doesn't have a clock,

This is correct. Ironic seeing Casio makes awesome watches. :)  I know Mike put an internal clock on his "wish list" for the next gen keyboards...