XW-P1 data editor question

piano_71

Well, I loaded up the data editor, but it looks to work differently than the PX-5S. Either that or I have a problem.

The keyboard is connected via USB. But when I go to the "transfer" section, the right pane doesn't view performances, solo synth patches, etc. that are already on the keyboard. It shows a blank list.

Already tried closing / reopening the data editor, powering the keyboard off and on again, etc.

Am I missing anything else? Or does the XW-P1 data editor work differently from that of the PX-5S?

This has come up a couple of times and I really should add it to the FAQ but I can't find the previous threads right now.

Basically check and see if the Keyboard is being detected by the Data Editor when you power it up.  There should be a message somewhere in the top left hand status bar I think.

If it's not seeing the keyboard, then you may have to go into the MIDI settings of the XW and enable USB OUT and there's a couple of olther settings which if misset can screw up the connection.

Like I said, this came up almost a year ago and I'm having trouble remembering the exact settings or finding the threads in question.

I'm not at my XW right now but I'll keep searching.

Gary

Gary -

Thanks for the help. Haven't resolved my problem, but it did get me thinking of a few more things.

The editor detects the keyboard. It shows connected, and I was able to run the backup function. It just doesn't display information about the tone/performance/etc. settings already present on the keyboard.

The same computer has the data editor for the PX-5S. However, the PX-5S was turned OFF, and I did not open both editors simultaneously. These editors are not installable Windows apps, so I wouldn't expect registry setting conflicts, etc.

I'm running firmware version 1.11. I tried doing an initialize to return to factory default settings (which I hadn't changed), but that didn't make a difference.

In the MIDI settings, I have:

MIDIOutSel: KEY

USBOutSel: KEY

Midi In: ON

USB In: ON

I also tried setting the performance, arp, etc. NRPN values to ON, but that didn't make a difference, so I returned them to their defaults (OFF).

Other thoughts?

First off, are you expecting it to show the factory presets?  Those won't ever show.  The editor only accesses the user registrations so you have to have something already loaded onto the keyboard in order for it to show up on the preview pane.

Gary

• Like 1

so when u select 'Transfer' and 'Performance' from the dropdown menu, it shows no user performances?  You do have a perf in the U:0-0 slot of the XW? and does the XW-P1 symbol show up above the right pane?

In your Preferences of the DE, do you have auto search selected and CASIO USB-MIDI selected for midi in and out?  And have a good data folder on your computer?

• Like 1

Thanks guys ... I was unsure why the editor seemed to communicate with the keyboard but didn't show any data. I haven't loaded any user data yet, but was expecting it to work like the PX-5S (which is always in performance / stage setting mode).

I'll load up some of the new sounds from here later and see what happens ... but I think nothing's really wrong - I just misunderstood how the editor would work on the XW-P1.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/22/2014 at 7:53 PM, piano_71 said:

Thanks guys ... I was unsure why the editor seemed to communicate with the keyboard but didn't show any data. I haven't loaded any user data yet, but was expecting it to work like the PX-5S (which is always in performance / stage setting mode).

I'll load up some of the new sounds from here later and see what happens ... but I think nothing's really wrong - I just misunderstood how the editor would work on the XW-P1.

Hi piano_71 I am experiencing the same thing - see the attached screenshot of the XW Data Editor. I also have a PX-5S and expected tings to work similarly

Using the Data Editor I would like to copy various Performances to User and edit them, again with the Data Editor.

I just copied all I could to the User area with the Data Editor, now I can't delete it with the data editor, not sure where it is on the keyboard.

Gonna have to mess around with it I guess.

wxw-p1 data editor performance.png

The XW is different from the PX-5S in many ways. It has 100 write protected preset performances and 100 user.  The 5S only has 100 user stage settings.  What comes from the factory on the 5S is really just preloaded user stage settings.  Go to the parameter edit tab of the editor and choose a preset performance.  Edit and save.  You'll be good to go. To delete user file drag them to the garbage can.