Unable to Assign DSP options to Sliders and Knobs

Choppin

Hello,

I was investigating setting tremolo control to a slider.  What happens is opposite of what I expect.

There should be DSP parameters 1-16 assignable through a knob or lever (according to the manual).  The number available depends on the effect.  Sounds straight forward but there seems to be a problem.  Walk with me through these steps and please tell me if my approach is wrong.

First I'm going to lookup the parameters for Tremolo in the Manual:

1-LFO Rate

2-LFO Depth

3-LFO Waveform

4-etc

5-etc

Ok there are 5 parameters I can control.  I should have the ability to assign any one of these 5 parameters to a slider.  I'm really only interested in the rate, so I only need to assign DSP parameter 1.  First lets check zone 1 to see what DSP effect is currently set and check the parameters for slider 1.

Bank >0 0

EDIT > Tone > Effect > DSP > Type[Through]

The DSP setting is Through right now.  Let's check the parameters to see what's available:

Edit > Stage Settings > Common > Slider1 Edit > Target[DSP Parameter 1 ... all the way to 16]

Ok, kinda weird, all of the parameters are available but Through has no parameters.  Maybe it's no big deal... Onward.  Exit out to the beginning

Now to do the work:

1. Select Stage setting 0-0 (Concert Grand)

2. EDIT > Tone > Effect > DSP Edit > Type[Tremolo] > Depth[127]   (make sure the effect is pronounced)

3. Exit back to edit Stage Setting

4. Stage Settings > Common > Slider1 Edit > Target[ DSP Parameter 6 ... through 16]

Now that's really weird.  Parameters 1-5 are not available to assign!  It seems the target makes available the OPPOSITE of the parameters necessary to control the effect.  The DSP Effect Through has 16 available parameters when it shouldn't have any, Tremolo DSP parameters start at 6 which is beyond it's range of available controls.

Unless I'm doing something completely wrong, this is isn't working how I'd expect.  I Just tried it with Rotary.  Same thing.  Rotary should have 9 parameters available under Target but it has the opposite - parameters 10-16; 1-9 are excluded.

Can someone else try this test?

1. Select Stage setting 0-0 (Concert Grand)

2. EDIT > Tone > Effect > DSP Edit > Type[Tremolo] > Depth[127]   (make sure the effect is pronounced)

3. Exit back to edit Stage Setting

4. Stage Settings > Common > Slider1 Edit > Target[ DSP Parameter 6 ... through 16]

Now that's really weird.  Parameters 1-5 are not available to assign! 

At the end of step 4, go to parameter 6, then back up 5 times.  Tell me what you see.  :D

• Like 2