SaxxiestDelight

I too like that very breathy Sax tone.  If you or anybody comes across an overblown tenor, please, please post it. That is the one sax tone that I used to use a lot back in the late 80's - early 90's.  I think this current tone layered with an over blown tenor would make an incredible tone.

I'm just getting back into playing again after a twenty one year hiatus. One of my old bands wants to get together for a 25 year reunion gig.

So, I assembled some of my old equipment and one by one the old gear was failing. I already committed to doing this gig, so all I had was my Roland XP-80. I decided to download Mainstage 2 from Apple for $29.95.  It took five nights to download all of it. I was amazed  that it could do even more than all of my old equipment combined. So I needed a 88 key weighted action digital piano. It was a no brainer. Casio Privia series. I bought the PX150.

It worked wonderfully with the roland and It routed through my Macbook. Then the sound card went out in XP-80.

I wasn't about to spend $2k on a new synth or workstation. At first I wasn't impressed with the XW. I went on line and checked out its midi implementation.

That got my attention. Then there was the price… under $400.00!  I'm so damn happy I bought that synth. I didn't like the step sequencer. Now I love it.

Didn't like the fact that it didn't have channel aftertouch. Don't  miss it a bit.  And wouldn't you know it…  It has some really amazing sounds too.

Why would anybody spend money on a midi controller, when for the same price you get so much more with XW series.

Sorry….didn't mean to rant.

Keep the tunes coming, sounds great!