Video Files on Forum ×

XW-G1 SnarlyLead demo

Created an nightly weekend patch inspired by the many video how to's how u can create your own soundscape performance from this

man  

I've tried many times thanks to the wonders of time and patience its coming together slowly it wasn't easy but it emerges. patches can be found on download for G1 more patches are on their way.

(edit) I've added a 3 demo in which I've set the DSP on through mixer channels 8 to 12 and selected DSP effect P:7-1 WahPan 2 and saved the Sseq patch SnarlyBeat again it gave a nice ambience I've tried it with several DSP settings it was very interesting to hear how a song changes.

SnarlyLead demo 1.MP3

SnarlyLead demo 2.MP3

SnarlyLead demo 3 with Wahpan2.MP3

• Like 4

Jordan isn't human… What a player!   Even he must admit to how much easier it is to process midi data today rather than 25 years ago.

Man… I was running a Midi Mapper, 2 MEP4's two patch bays, one JL Copper midi link, two mergers and a dedicated multitrack sequencer.

That's just the MIDI Processing equipment. Then there were the samplers, and synth modules.

One Macbook running Logic and Mainstage blows all of that out of the water.  Although, "The Midi Mapper can still hang" It's still relevant today...

If you can find one that still works.

Love the leads! Keep em coming.

• Like 1

Agreed Rudess plays like some kind of inhuman Swiss timepiece.  I'd never heard of him until a few years ago when I picked up my Korg TR.  Then I was hooked once I'd heard him playing Ra on a Kronos.  Since then I've picked up close to a half dozen of his CD's.  Truly a virtuoso player.

The snarly lead demos are great stuff too.  Casio is the poor stepsister of the Cinderella household who actually accomplishes the heavy lifting in my studio these days.  My only hope is that I live long enough someday to truly master all my hardware to the point where *I'm* satisfied with what I've done ;)

Gary

Although, "The Midi Mapper can still hang" It's still relevant today...If you can find one that still works.

I found a Kawai Q-80 Digital Midi Sequencer at a garage sale the other day. I plan to see if I can use it for additional tracks in sync with my XW-G1 step sequencer.  I still have some old floppy disks lying around. Trying to avoid carrying a laptop along with me.

http://www.dancetech.com/item.cfm?threadid=219

Very cool lead!

I went to a solo Rudess show in 2012 (he played Ra and Tarkus!) and this past weekend, I was finally able to catch a Dream Theater concert. He is an amazing keyboardist. 

Oh I wish I could take the time to practice the Tarkus, Dream theater is on tour now and he visited Amsterdam a few weeks ago totally missed that on twitter and youtube T_T  really wanted to meet him.