Video Files on Forum ×

social media

Within the last couple of week's I tried to see if I have become addicted to social media. I basically tried not to get on facebook and this site,but I cheated in a way.I still visited these site's,briefly,but i did not respond to anything and tried to just be an observer.Like someone just reading post's and not a member. This worked fine for facebook. but not so well for this forum. I found myself having withdraw's, sort of like an addiction.  A few year's ago, If someone would have said I would need a music forum, I would have laughed. My conclusion is that I am not addicted to social media.  However, this  forum is the exception.

• Like 2

It feels good to be dirrrrrty doesn't it? ;)

Seriously though, This forum and keyboardforums.com and Mastering V.A.S.T  are my only three regular stops in the day aside from my yahoo page where I pick up my headlines and stock quotes.

Other than these four and a throway Google account that's all the social media I want, need, or can handle.  I used to post on a few general social forums a few years ago, but too much ego tripping and sniping in the dialogues on those boards ended up driving me up a wall and far far away.

What I love most about musician forums is the way we are all supportive of each other and keep our politics and opinons out of the mix. 

I've met some truly nice people in these forums and nobody has ever tried to steer anyone wrong when it comes to advice and sharing resources.

Actually I don't really consider this to be social media as much as I consider it to be a support group.  When someone comes here with a problem nobody judges or points a finger, but rather we come to their aid more often than not.

Now I'm gonna fire up the wood stove and urinate on it while screaming with my best Tourette's syndrome at the mailman :D :D :D

Love you guys... ;)

Gary

• Like 3

Hey Patrick, don't sweat over a little addiction. :)

But this forum does have a purpose beyond something like Facebook (which I am not even on!).  It provides help and advice for Casio keyboard owners.  As long as you either need help or can give it posting to this forum is a healthy thing, IMO.

• Like 2

As you surely understand-humans are social creatures by nature(I know, cliche). I did away with Facebook about 2 years ago(Was plugged in for about 1 year myself), can't deal with that crap. Difference is, Facebook is a place for various people with many backrounds/beliefs/perspectives who can blurt out all their one-sided opinions about the world into a small comments box and talk lowly about one another. Most(like myself when I had a profile) hurt others and don't realize it. It makes everyone look like an a$$. This website pertains to musically/electronically related topics, everyone here is more on the same page. I tell ya, if theres anything we all can understand, it's music. Excuse me, I think I need to go to the bathroom and cry... I touched myself... Oh my, that came out not as I had desired.