Video Files on Forum ×

Immagine the Battery Holder beeing a Modulsection

User 29303

i just ask myself how cool would it be having an 50POL Adapter inside the Battery Place and having the Topcover fof it beeing different Modules to plug in :) yeah.....analog synth.....expansion for sliders, Ribbon controller, Piano Extension Module and so on ....Rompler.......

Immagine ;)

You "could" take it apart, then look at the size of the battery compartment and how much space you got. With a 3D printer you can print a casing that fits right into it, for whatever you want. Shouldn't be that difficult.

You could also print a new battery cover with a 3D printer, that fits onto it, that wouldn't even void warranty and you could make a cupholder on it, or a stand for ipad/music sheet/....

Or even just put electronics into it, without a battery compartment or a new casing in it. Using the same screws that hold the battery compartment to hold the extra electronics.

Tap away from the output with a cable to that section in the keyboard and add something to it.

Personally i'm toying with the idea of adding an theremin. Using the Px 's oscillators (sine, square waves, but also strings and such), and the rest of the theremin electronics I put in where the battery compartment now is. Make the antenna's clickable on the side of the keyboard (so they can easily be taken off for transport) and add an extra output there as a dot on the I from casio (mono).

This is perfectly do-able. As we can control the pre-amp volume perfectly with the casio, you can make a stage setting specially for the theremin.

Disclaimer: your warranty will be voided if you try stuff like this! Do this only if you know what you are doing! Electronics is part of my daytime job, so I have experience in taking things apart and putting them back together :).

I'm thinking it's time to dehydrate a QSC 12" speaker so it will load in the battery area, saving me at least one trip at load-in. Most gigs, but not all, will have water of a sufficiently high quality to accurately rehydrate the speaker. If they don't, your speaker will turn into a poor copy of a Nady.

Of course, not only haven't I bought the speaker dehdration system, I don't even have the $ for the QSC yet.

• Like 1