Video Files on Forum ×

can create rhythm patterns? for WK-6600

can create rhythm patterns? 

I read the manual and can not find a way to perform this function. 

In the casio website says: "You can even create original rhythms for normal accompaniment patterns, stuffing, introduction and detention" 

I uploaded new rhythms ckf keyboard, but all I can do is edit the track. It keeps the original pattern and I can only change the instrument. 

I ask if it is possible to edit the rhythm track but adding another battery and other low rate and other accompaniments.

When Casio speaks of "creating original user rhythms" for the CTK-6000/6200 and WK-6500/6600 keyboards, they mean that by turning tracks on or off or substituting different accompaniment voices (sounds) or drum kits in the original rhythms, you are creating  "new" user rhythms.  I know, using that term in that way is rather questionable on their part, but to be sure, you have read and understood the manual correctly.  What you have determined that you are capable (or NOT capable) of with the WK-6600 is correct, albeit quite limited compared to what you were looking for.  In order to create entirely new user rhythms completely from scratch, or to edit the note patterns of existing accompaniment tracks, you need the Pattern Sequencer feature of the CTK-7000/7200 or WK-7500/7600 models.  However, all of these newer boards are capable of loading most (many ? / all ?) of the older CKF rhythm files of the older boards.  By loading and "editing" those, you can come up with a fairly wide set of rhythm genres that are completely unique compared to what other CTK/WK owners are running.  It is certainly worth a try.

There are several members here who have been experimenting with creating MIDI files with PC based sequencers, converting them to CKF rhythm files with the "Rhythm Converter" software for the older boards and loading them into the newer boards, but I am not certain how much success they have had.  I think many have discovered what some of us discovered some years ago with the older boards - that creating reasonably good sounding rhythm files from scratch is quite difficult, at best - particularly without an onboard pattern sequencer.  Usually it is best to start with an existing rhythm that is as close as possible to what you are looking for and just modifying that.  See the following link for the discussion of that topic:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/4281-software-to-create-patterns-for-wk-7500/

Good luck !

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ted

By the way one person in Russian forum Casio made ​​utility to do the styles from prepared MIDI files.
He took as a basis the Casio Rhythm Editor and modified it for the modern keyboards.
The funny thing is - the utility works in the shell Excel. )
Nevertheless, it can be used quite successfully to create new styles from SMF and to convert STY of Yamaha to CKF.