Performances missing step sequences?

piano_71

I got an XW-G1, a demo unit from a Guitar Center store. As soon as I powered it up, I did a factory reset. Then I upgraded to firmware 1.11.

After doing these things, I noticed that some of the built-in performances have step sequences, but those sequences are not playing when triggered by the keys (at the upper end of the keyboard). I think that when I did the factory reset, I deleted step sequence data in the keyboard.

Is that correct? Or did I miss something else here?

• Like 1

The Performance Presets on the XW-G1 are completely different from those on the XW-P1, so as a P1 owner, I am unable to test them directly for you.  Of the 100 Performance Presets on the P1, only two or three are set up for the Arpeggiator to trigger the Step Sequencer from the keyboard.  The rest are triggered from the START/STOP button.  To check your G1, select one or your "suspect" Performance Presets.  PRESS AND HOLD the ARPEGGIO button until the ARPEGGIO selection menu comes up.  Read the line at the very bottom of the display.  If it says "SYNC : S / S", then the arpeggiator should be triggering the Step Sequencer (S / S).  If it says anything else, then the arpeggiator is not set to trigger the Step Sequencer.  If it  IS  set to trigger the Step Sequencer and is not, check the key range of the Zone that the Step Sequencer is assigned to.  You may just be playing outside of its key range.  If you have a Preset that is not set for the arpeggiator to trigger the Step Sequncer and you want it to, you can change that by editing the arpeggiator set up in the Performance and saving it as a User Performance.

Page 84 of the G1 manual states that a factory reset should return ALL settings AND DATA to their original defaults, but if you still think you lost something, you can download the original settings and data from the Casio website and re-install them onto the board.

Good luck !

I think to know what you need, Puzzled me at first but remembered I did the same once if correct it has to be the samples, To restore them you can go to G1 download and get the original patches, BradMZ has provided them for us. Here the link hope this is the one missing :)

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/223-backup-factory-installed-user-wave-data-for-the-xw-g1/

Thanks everyone for your help..

It looks like I didn't lose step sequences, but only the factory default WAVE samples. Using the link in this thread, I downloaded those back to the keyboard.

I looked again at the performances. I think what's really happening is that in some (such as 0-2, Club Set 2), some of the keys on the keyboard are mapped to functions instead of notes/sounds. For the keys that display something about the step sequencer, starting the playback with the "start/stop" button worked.