PX-5S and XW-G1 - a good match?

BrianH

Hi Guys

Would the above be a good match, as I have a chance of obtaining a XW-G1 at good price?  I have a PX-5S just for home use and my own amusement.

What is the best way to connect them, USB or MIDI? The powered speakers are currently connected to the PS

BrianH

You would want to use 5-pin MIDI to connect the two keyboards, unless you already have an interface designed for multiple USB-to-host MIDI devices. The USB MIDI connection is mainly used for MIDI to a computer.

If it were me, I'd connect the audio outs from the XW-G1 to the audio inputs on the PX-5S.

For MIDI, which do you want to be the master keyboard? I'd think the PX-5S should be the master keyboard (MIDI OUT on PX-5S to MIDI IN on XW-G1).

• Like 1

Hi Brian. I have that rig! I use the PX-5S for piano & pads and the XW-G1 for leads, bass and drums. I tend to play on both boards, but the PX-5S is probably the best one to make the master keyboard if you are looking for an opinion on that. There are a lot of people that have a XW (P1 or G1) with the the PX-5S.. they complement each other very well.  :) 

• Like 2