Video Files on Forum ×

PRIVIA PX-5S FIRMWARE UPDATE V1.12 AVAILABLE

Mike Martin

The new v1.12 Firmware for the PX-5S is now available.  It is recommended that all users upgrade.  This primarily addresses a bug with USB loading, where tones or Stage Settings that had been loaded disappear after the unit was powered off.   There are about 10 other system improvements, I'll try to get a list.

http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=435

• Like 4

Hi Mike,

Looking at the manual section, should we be downloading the C versions of the manuals?  Looking at the Tutorial, the waveform section looks reduced - there aren't multiple Sawtooth, Pulse, Square, and Triangle waves.   If this is the case, will this interfere with any designed tones in v 1.11?

thank you

Choppin,

The waveform list in the PX-5S has not changed.  With version 1.10 there is a separate manual which includes the list of additional waveforms added with v1.10 and higher.

http://support.casio.com/en/support/download_files/en/008/manuals/Web_PX5S-110-E-1A.pdf

I do not believe the Tutorial manual has been updated to reflect this.

Is it possible Mike, that there may be a firmware update for the PX-350 that might add a few refinements, such as enhancements for the song recorder or possibly more control of some of the DSP functions? Even a slow/fast leslie switch or an equalization control would be very nice.

Whoa!  There was a manual to the 1.10 Firmware?  How'd I miss that?  That's pretty cool!

I haven't updated yet (I was out of town when it was released), but I understand a few other users are experiencing new issues.  I was thinking I'd update and back out if I had any problems.  Is there any specific reason I couldn't re-install the previous firmware if I decided that I couldn't live with those issues?  (That scenario is unlikely, but I wanted to make sure I had the bases covered.)

UPDATE:  I just saw Joe Muscara's response in a different thread that it is unreturnable to the original version.  Does that also apply to the most previous version, though?

Whoa!  There was a manual to the 1.10 Firmware?  How'd I miss that?  That's pretty cool!

I haven't updated yet (I was out of town when it was released), but I understand a few other users are experiencing new issues.  I was thinking I'd update and back out if I had any problems.  Is there any specific reason I couldn't re-install the previous firmware if I decided that I couldn't live with those issues?  (That scenario is unlikely, but I wanted to make sure I had the bases covered.)

UPDATE:  I just saw Joe Muscara's response in a different thread that it is unreturnable to the original version.  Does that also apply to the most previous version, though?

Mike has posted in that thread that you can go back to 1.11.

(My guess is, Casio posted that on their site to cover themselves. Installing 1.11 over 1.12 is probably not something they fully test, preferring to spend their energies elsewhere, like making sure 1.12 is fully tested. That's just a hunch, though.)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

From the video, I understand that 'save all' will not let me benefit from the new features in the firmware but I'm just wondering, does the save all function save any phrases/arpeggios I've created? 

Just one more question too before I make the update: 

Supposing I have stage setting using a custom phrase/tone, When I perform the update and load in my data, do I have to put the tones/phrases in the same position as they were so that the stage setting can find them, 

I'm guessing I probably would.

If you load the ALL SAVE it will be automatic.  If you're doing it as individual files, yes you need to put phrases in the original slots so the stage settings can find them.  Tone's and arpeggios are not affected by location in the same way because they are saved inside of the stage settings.  

• Like 1