Video Files on Forum ×

Is it final aftertouch is overated.

I've read the recent reviews of the newest workstations like Roland fa-08 and moxf 8 and all the keyboardist say the same they pity it not being there but its not that much important for the price value of a synth or a workstation. And to be honest I'm more for velocity switching which can do lots of fun things. 

I dunno.  My Kurzweil PC3K does aftertouch and it's nice to be able to add a little Zazz to a piece just by firmly pressing down on the keys.

Also as a bonus, Casio DID incorporate the modulation MIDI codes for aftertouch into the XW-P1, but you can only use it with an enabled controller or by manually editing the codes in a DAW.

Considering the addition of aftertouch might have added about $50 to the price of the XW it's really a shame Casio didn't build it into the keybed.

Gary

I don't really mind not having aftertouch on weighted piano-action keyboard, but on a synth action keyboard I think it's a nice feature to have. I bought a little $80 USB controller (25 key) for my iPad and it has aftertouch. Lots of cool things you can do with it. FWIW, one of those Behringer FCB1010 can be used to modulate several parameters so there are options available for more control of sound.