Video Files on Forum ×

Firmware 1.12 first impression

User 29303

WOW ….maybe it´s just me but i feel all is sounding a bit better don't know why ..Bass goes deeper and i have the

feeling it is also cleaner….

well i did not check the samples but i played with a Pink Noise and for the first time o could screw it down with the

filters to nearly a clean tone ,,this was not possible before i my PX5S i played with it inside programming and i did a record ..it s crazy sound but it is very impressive how better it sounds ,,with nothing in it just pink noise ep attack 12 and voice….

maybe it is just an illusion but my PX5S sounds better now !

https://soundcloud.com/mau-van/test-px5s-firmware-1-12

Of course they can there was added some Waveforms in the 1.10 update time ago….also there was some tweaking for the effects…so 

it is possible…after the first time i have installed the 1.11 Firmware some strange flashing lights came up on my PX5 so i had to reinstall it again ….maybe it is possible that it was not written perfectly ,,i don't know of course i understand sounds crazy ,..but the filters works better on my PX…maybe if MIKE will post the changes made in 1.12 Firmware i will know or not:)

Of course they can there was added some Waveforms in the 1.10 update time ago

So there was! I sit corrected! They added like 22 more waveforms available in the hex syn.

I wonder how much room they got to play with - enough to download sizeable multi-samples ?

<Hello i dont think so ...the PX5S has an EEPROM with 128MB of ROM and an Flash with also 128MB RAM , we dont know how casio handle this because in 128mb you can have normaly 2:1 compression so the real sample ram could be 256MB , of course Casio have a proprietary compress & decompressing technology  and the DSP

could maybe be fast enough to decompress in realtime a bigger ratio.

Looking the Firmware Update it is around 107MB and it will fill 90% of  the EEPROM when written.

I don´t think Casio will ever give a statement because lot of people think the more ram we have the better sound is, this is not true if you use very high samples with a loosles compressione and a DSP with good ADC / DAC you can boost the PX5 nearly to every Soundquality.....also why should the update the PX5 with Multisamples

if the PX is going to be a better Synth as the XW Series is,  nobody will buy the XW...

Maybe the tricky thing was adding a Hex Layer Section to it so we all feel like having a Synth and a StagePiano but the PX5S is sold like a Stage Piano and i addition

a HexLayer Synth....

If you ask me what i think would be cool is providing to Sets of Firmware one with Piano and a big Synth Section inside the Samples

and the other with Piano and a big Natural Instruments Section into the samples so everybody could make a choice....

The other possibility is adding ( if this is possible ) a Wavelooping or a Waveshaping like saying you have HEX Layer 1-6 and you can use multiple Waveform

added togehter .....

the last possibility is tweakinng the PX5S to read Samples from the input yes they told us it is not possible but looking the Hardware Sheets the

input goes directly into the ADC and from there inside the DSP i dont know the routing in there but maybe it is possible to have external Waves

to be used like a trigger ....

well this all will maybe never be happen so ...when the PX6S comes with Lid to open in front and on the upper side and the 2 A.I.R Chips will work

on 20Gigabytes of Samples ..i buy it

( sorry for my poor English i am Italian ;) )

WOW ….maybe it´s just me but i feel all is sounding a bit better don't know why ..Bass goes deeper and i have the

feeling it is also cleaner….

well i did not check the samples but i played with a Pink Noise and for the first time o could screw it down with the

filters to nearly a clean tone ,,this was not possible before i my PX5S i played with it inside programming and i did a record ..it s crazy sound but it is very impressive how better it sounds ,,with nothing in it just pink noise ep attack 12 and voice….

maybe it is just an illusion but my PX5S sounds better now !

https://soundcloud.com/mau-van/test-px5s-firmware-1-12

I have the same impression. The sound seems to be deeper.