Arpeggios in split performance mode ?

Bigmark

I've created a two zone performance patch,with a synth on the left zone and a piano on the right.

I want the left zone to have an arpeggio and the right zone with no arpeggio .

I can't for the life of me get it to work , it's either or neither ?

What am I doing wrong ?

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry I still can't get it to work! I'm obviously missing something. I have done what maarkr suggested - the "Arp Enable" is set to NO - but still getting arpeggios where I don't want them :(

Please help.

Hello:

You have to specify the range of the keyboard where you like to act the arpeggio.

There are actually 2 edit screens that affect arpeggio triggering in a performance. In performance "edit" go to "prfrmfilter" submenu-select arpeggio and turn this off. This turns off any arpeggio that might be part of a sequence stored as part of the performance. This might be why you are still triggering arpeggios. If you do that without hitting "write" the performance will revert back to arpeggio on. There is a 2nd edit screen in performance edit under "zone parameter" edit which is what maarkr is referring to I think-go to the "arp enable" function and turn that off for each zone. Again, hit the "write" button or your changes will revert back. many of the preset performances have embedded sequences which will trigger an arpeggio depending on keyzone. If you created your new performance from an existing performance, this might be why the arpeggio is still active, it already had a sequence with an arpeggio pre-programmed into it in a keyzone. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

yep, i went to Zone Param page 8 and turned the arp enable to OFF.  that worked for a performance i did recently where i had a bass on the left keyboard zone that was ARP'd (zone 1) and the normal guitar on the right key zone (zone 2).  

In case anyone else has this problem (or if I forget!)...... You have to go to Edit > Sequencers > Arpeggio then specify the Key Range for the arpeggio, like you do with the Key Range for the tone.  So I guess you have to do that as well as switch ArpEnable to off.

Thanks guys :)

• Like 1