help loading patches from midi editor

mwishart92

So i just bought my Casio PX-5s and I am having some trouble loading patches that i downloaded from this website.

I have them all in the left list (PC user data files) but when i drag them over into the instrument list it asks if I want to replace stage setting already on the piano. I'm worried that means I will be overwriting stock sounds/settings which I definitely don't want to do. I was hoping there would be a seperate section for me to drag these custom patches or stage settings.

Yes i have read the editor manual btw. Page 16 onwards was helpful but still didn't enlighten me on this matter. I guess I don't understand the interface too well yet.

Any help would be appreciated

Michael

Yes, you have to overwrite what is already there. It comes with 100 Stage Settings with no empty slots. Go through what's in there now and decide what you don't want or need.

Also, the Downloads section has the default stage settings available, so you can always grab that and put the ones you want back where you want to.

This instrument is yours, so customize it as you need and want to!

Thanks for the response Joe! I used to have one of those red keyboards that shall not be named (the devils keyboard) and it was really hard to get any help with it. Good old Casio, you have done it again! Bring back the CZ-1!

You will find the customer service and user group response for the PX-5S to be exemplary!  Enjoy!

Hey Joe, I have another quick question relating to this topic. 

I downloaded the file ''PX-5s Stage Settings / Alternate Order'' that Mike Martin uploaded. Firstly, just to confirm. Will that just replace the factory stage settings with the same settings except grouped like they are in the tone section (which seems a lot more logical to me).

Anyway so I downloaded that file and i couldn't drag it into the stage settings window. It was greyed out like it was the wrong type of file. I figure it might have something to do with the fact that its an all file not a group of single stage settings? I also tried to install on usb but it just goes to a screen that says:

Audio Select

No File

Delete

This actually happens when I have tried to load normal stage or tone setting file downloaded from here. The only thing that has worked by usb is the firmware update. The usb has been formatted to fat32 and there is a musicdat folder on it which is where i put all the files i have attempted to load. The musicdat folder just appeared there after i plugged it into the keyboard to install the latest firmware. I read that you can format the usb drive on the keyboard but i don't know how. maybe i should do that?

michael

Regarding formatting usb drives on the keyboard: Good ole Scott has answered the question. Hold down the media button rather than just press it, and a  will menu appear from which you can load/format/whatever files from.

Still haven't worked out how to load that alternate order stage settings. When i pressed 'load all data' from the menu it could not recognize the FACTALT1.ZAL file for some reason

• 3 weeks later...