sometime button not working and other problems

User 29303

Yesterday my tone button for the synt section didn,t work i had to push it 4 times to select also if i switch from one stage to another i have the effects sounding crashed into the next patch , today selwcting waves in the tone editor was wrong the.px was playing different waves from the one selected, i wonder if this is an firmware problem or if my hardware is going to have problems...,

well the problem with the button never happen bevore and also i never had problems with the waves curiosly also i found out that a lot of my patches in the tone editr section are changing to be panned on a left o right side ...so if i work on a patch and i select the next waveform inside a Zone this one is setup to +63 or else...

strange because i did not setup this bevore inside the patch ,,,,anyway i will reinstall the Firmware and see whats happens

Hi Mau Van. I have also had some problems which have occurred after the firmware. I have mentioned them in the Facebook group, but perhaps you are not there. To summarise in brief, the following things have happened:

1. Editor problems. Stage settings loaded in on the transfer page are then not appearing when selected on the parameter edit page.

2. Other editor problems. Various alterations to SS's (instrumentation, name, key range of zones) if I leave them on the parameter page (having saved them correctly) and then come back to them

3. On one occasion I was unable to use the "write" function on the keyboard itself.

4. My PX totally locked up twice yesterday - all buttons (including power on/off) ceased to operate. Had to unplug it. This has happened to me once before many months ago.

I find if I close the editor and then open it again it is usually better for a while. It almost seems like it reaches a point where it's memory is full and it cannot take in any new commands without corrupting them.

Some of my editor problems began occurring before the firmware, but after I had started using a temporary fix for the old bug which Mike was kind enough to give me, as I had been experiencing quite severe problems with that bug.

My PX unfortunately seems particularly vulnerable to these sorts of problems.

HI Knuckels

yes there are some strange issues after the firmware , i feel sound is very clean improvments have been made to the sound i feel the

single waves are sounding better and cleaner together now, anyway it is tricky we can not downgrade to the old version ...how i read in other topics....i will reinstall again and se whats happen but of course i am always happy when it is done....

about your problem sound for me you have some tricky ram / rom chips inside .,....

no it was just an idea from myside that your ram chips  inside the PX5 could be vunerable , but after reading your post again it looks like the most problems are on the editor are you using a mac or a pc ? have you tried to delete the whole editor and reinstalling a new downloaded copy ? also i have made a test installing firmware 1.12 for over 5 times i found that my px5 was sounding a little bit different every update i made...maybe you say i am crazy ,,,but after i did  a reset and then i a made a reinstall of the 1.12 my px5 seems now to work better.

so maybe give a try to reinstall the whole system on you computer on your PX5 , make backups so you can reload your patches after,,,also check the cables sometimes the cables are tricky ....DIN 5 POL midi cable has to be a real midi cable...

let me know

Kindly Maurizio

After the upgrade my PX is a mess!  Tremolo like effect on almost all tones, note cutting out and some controllers not working.  When you play the lower F# and G# the mid and high EQ Assign shows in the LED Screen.  I updated it three times with the same results.  As of right now the thing is not playable.  Any one else have this problem?  I updated exactly as the video shows. Help Please Mike!

Thanks Marc 

Hi 

yes my PX5 works fine for 2 days now i have the problems again with buttons not being recognized on pushing....this time it was on the stage setting side Bank 2 

i had to push it over 10 times to work then it came back again .....and i hade to push lot of times...

the last time it was on the tone buttons so i can say it is a problem after the update never happened before and my PX5S i only at home no smokers and 

i clean it up after every playing....

i would like to reinstall version 1.11 but i can't find a download section

I have all three updates. They are the original zip files so there aren't any changes to the software. They are 1.10, 1.11, and 1.12. These files are rather large so the only way I can get them to you would be as an attachment to a regular e-mail. The Casio Support site does not appear to offer the pre-1.12 files. Also, there was this note:

PX-5S owners whose instrument is still running Version under 1.12 firmware.     Note that when the firmware of the instrument is updated, the firmware is unreturnable to original version.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I should mention that I have discovered that my editor problems are nothing to do with v 1.12. They are a actually a result of me not understanding the necessity of resetting the editor (and how to do it...)

It turn out that if you are editing a tone and then abandon your edits without saving the SS you are creating the possibility for problems. If you then go to the transfer page and write over that same SS, you will then be unable to access the new one on the parameter edit page. Various other problems, domino like, can also follow.

My problems in this area coincided exactly with v 1.12 - hence my incorrect assumption - probably because it was only after this version had fixed the original bug (which limited me to using one registration set only) that I was able to use multiple sets and began doing lots more editing and movement of SS's as described above.

All is good now! :ph34r: :-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mau Van is your PX still working well?  After a few days mine went back to being all messed up and unplayable!  Not very happy!  I called Casio and they said I have to send it in at MY expense.  It worked perfectly until I did the v 1.12 update and now according to what I have read, you can't go back.  Anyone have any suggestions or else will I have to bite the bullet and send it in for repair.  I mostly use it as a controller for my Kronos 61 but now it won't even send the correct midi data to be used even for that.  How long is the warranty on these things? mine is 13 months old...  Shouldn't have these issues after only a year i would think.

Thanks

Marc