Video Files on Forum ×

Synthjazz Sunday This Sunday April 20th

As previously discussed in the General Discussion forum and as determined by the poll, THIS upcoming Sunday is our first official Synthjazz (Jazztastic, Fabujazz, whatever) Sunday.

That leaves you until Midnight, 6 days from now to whomp up something jazzy on your keys, post it on Soundcloud and attach a link to it here in this thread.

The rules are pretty easy.  Everyone try their hand at creating a jazz or blues number and after posting it here we'll all congratulate each other on what great people we are and offer constructive advice in a friendly fashion where it's warranted and tell each other what we liked best about their pieces.

Gentlemen, START YOUR MOTORS!!!  ;)

Gary

Thanks.  Glad you enjoyed it.  This was my first chance to try out my new ribbon controller on my Kurzweil. ;)

It was created using Cakewalk Home Studio 9.01 on a Linux machine using the Alesis SR18, Kurzweil PC3K8 and a Casio XW-P1.

Here's hoping more people join in on this Synthjazz Sunday thingie.  It really was a lot of fun making that track. :)

Gary

Sorry I won't be submitting anything for this Synthjazz before the deadline(Spank me lol). I really wanted to come up with something but things have been crazy at work and had to put in overtime with people calling in sick and what not- It's set me back a bit on routine. I started my project yesterday and worked on it as much as I could today. It'll be late but, it should be done before or on Wednesday. I liked your track very much happyrat(kanukchuk), and yours too lodger(Build it up), thanks again for your input on the KP3.

Far be it from me to stoop to reminding you Synthjazz Sunday was YOUR IDEA IN THE FIRST PLACE :P:D

Then again I understand the necessities of having a real life and making ends meet. ;)  We'll give ya another week or so if ya need it. ;)

Lodger?  Was that last tune of yours your final entry or are we to expect the finished product tonight?

How about anyone else?  The fun is open to all skill levels and abilities so let's hear your version of a jazz tune from a Casio! :)

Gary

How would we work a collaboration?  Personally I wouldn't mind exchanging MIDI files or Cakewalk WRK files but otherwise we'd run into compatibility issues between filetypes and my computer studio can barely handle recording MP3's much less multitrack audio mixing.

For now, I'd be happy enough if a few more people joined in or even if the original proponents of this event could be more punctual without having to complicate things attempting to collaborate.

• Like 1