using Px5 as a midi controller?

leeskeys

I'd like to hear from any PX5 owners who are using the px5 for both internal sounds, and as a midi controller for external VSTs for live gigging. How easy is it to set up and access external sounds during live gigs? How easy is it to switch back and forth between internal sounds and external VSTs?

I'm just about ready to upgrade from my Px3 to the Px5 but I'd like to hear from users on this topic before I pull the trigger.

Lee

I'd like to hear from any PX5 owners who are using the px5 for both internal sounds, and as a midi controller for external VSTs for live gigging. How easy is it to set up and access external sounds during live gigs? How easy is it to switch back and forth between internal sounds and external VSTs?

I'm just about ready to upgrade from my Px3 to the Px5 but I'd like to hear from users on this topic before I pull the trigger.

Lee

Hi Lee. It's pretty easy to set up controller functions on the PX-5S. Just set the zone range, MIDI channel, internal sounds on/off and any program change info you want to send and save it as a Stage Setting. When you call it up, everything will be in place. The 5S is a very flexible master control keyboard.

this may be beyond the scope of the Px5, but is it possible to layer internal and external sounds within a zone? Probably not something I would need to do with the Privia, but I do use this configuration sometimes with my Kurzweil PC3.