Patch hold or Smooth Sound Transition.

Katie

I thought the PX-5S had the feature of changing sounds without cutoff of sounds while using the sustain pedal.  I'm finding that only works if I change tones.  Since the PX is always in Stage Setting, there is always a cutoff of sound when changing to a different Stage Setting.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  I swear I heard or read somewhere this was a feature of the PX-5S.  Thanks.

Thanks everybody.  I'm more used to the Korg/Kurzweil method of GUI.  So far really liking the PX though.  Just trying to find some workarounds for performance features and issues I've become accustomed to.  Thank you all again.

Okay.  I understand the "Patch Hold" will only work for Tones, not Hex layers, but can someone tell my why if I play Stage Setting 2-5 Brass Stabs and hold sustain pedal down to switch to stage setting 2-1 PhaseyTea EP it cuts off sound?  There are no Hex Layers in either of those two stage settings.  Thanks.

On Kurzweils as well switching programs or setups causes a break in the sound.

The workaround that Fran suggested was to create your setup or program with different layers each under slider control and then to switch rapidly between them by simply pulling and pushing the appropriate slider quickly enough.

Haven't tried it myself yet but it sounds like it should work well enough.

Gary ;)