Issues saving to SD Card (CDP220R model)

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

We purchased the subject line keyboard from Costco for my sons beginner piano training. He really enjoys it. I recently purchased an SD card as he was very keen to start saving his "work". Following thru the manual we are able to format the card per the instructions and get the expected results. However, when we attempt to set it up to save something we are left with just a "NO FILE" display.

I looked at the card on the computer and I do not see a MUSICDAT folder. I understood from the manual that this folder should be created during the formatting. I was advised by Casio support that I should contact a local music store as they would likely create the needed folder as a courtesy. I was surprised to see that there does not appear to be any freely available software to create the directory myself. First store I contacted did not have any idea about what I was asking. We live in a big area so I will keep calling. But, saw this forum and thought I would ask others experience with this issue. The card is new, kingston, and meets the specs in the manual. So, don't think it's a bad card. Also, tested it on my camera and there were no write issues, etc.

Thanks again!

Tried SDFormatter - same result. Got a sd -> usb read/write adapter to create the MUSICDAT directory (much smarter option than hunting down a music store to perform task) only to see that the directory DID exist. On the drive into work thought occurred to me that resetting keyboard back to factory defaults is probably the next step.