Sequencing

Leon

I can do patterns and change voices on them (xw p1 )so that is ok and chain them ect. Now I want to add extra channels on the pattern (channels 1-8) by playing on the keyboard from performance parts or solo or pcm either so is that possible and how or I just get Cubase and do it from there ?

I read some previous post and I did not find answer so I will try to find myself just wonder why Casio did not put same sequencer in xw as in ctk 7200 or wk 7600 when screens are the same I guess that would be only software update which does not cost extra but then the rubber pad on xw series is not there accidentally it tells you put something in my case ipad and cubase.

This is unfortunately not an easy straightforward process, as you will see if you read all the posts about the XW sequencer, whether you do this with Cubase or directly from the XW. And the manual doesn't help much. 

The easiest answer I know is that you must play the keyboard to record into the sequencer directly while in the step sequencer "edit" window, after you pick your "tone" and "part" using the mixer. I have not been able to record other tracks from a performance or from the step sequencer any other way. This is because the step sequencer 1) always defaults to recording from its 16 buttons and 2) it will always switch to tracks 8-16 for recording. Tracks 5,6 and 7 are only for recording control change messages, not tones (!) such as pitch change and tracks 1-4 are reserved for performance mode recording (the 4 zones in a performance which you must define before you record).and the step sequencer only records monophonically like the default drum tracks, except for the chord tracks. And, the XW is designed to always keep the live keyboard "up front" for live playing rather than for recording into the step sequencer. If it sounds overly complicated, it is at least IMO. If anyone here has a simpler explanation, I'm listening because despite solving this problem before, I hardly can remember these steps myself! Mike Martin has a Youtube video showing how to record to the sequencer from the keys, this might help you more than I can. And always push the "write" button-otherwise all your work will be lost when you exit this mode.

• Like 1