Video Files on Forum ×

update 1.12 - Are there issues with it?

pax-eterna

yes there are some, yesterday my guitar patch did not stop sounding after  switching to another stage Setting, changing  tones there was always one hex tone continous playing...until take the px5s off..

and i have problems with the Buttons not be recognized...i really Need a download for the 1,11 Firmware to check if this is happen also in the 1.11

would...be strange having hardware problems after 6 month i own this ...

I'm very conservative in my approach to updating anything.  However, I did update to v1.12 a week or 2 ago.  I have not had any problems at all.  I'll list the steps I took but NOTE: this is not an official update guide; and whomever follows these steps does so at their own risk:

1. Saved my custom stage settings (and anything else I wanted to keep) 1 at a time through the editor to my computer

2. Saved an ALL file to my USB drive plugged into the Px-5s

3. Turned off the Px-5s and unplugged every cable and drive (including pedals, head phones, etc.) except for power cord.

4. Plugged the USB drive from the Px into my computer and saved the entire MUSICDAT directory to the computer.

5. Deleted EVERY file on the USB drive.

6. Unzipped and transferred the 1.12 update.bin file to the USB drive.  This is the only file on the USB drive now

7. Properly ejected and removed the USB drive from the computer.

8. Turn on the Px-5s - wait for boot up

9. Plug the USB drive into the PX-5s

10. Press [sys Setting] > Information > Update Firmware > follow the prompte to the affirmative

11. Wait for entire process to run - don't touch anything!  Each instrument bank will light one at a time.  The whole process takes about 10 minutes.  Again - don't touch anything while the process is running!

12. When the process is completed, I turned off the PX-5s.  I plugged back in all of the cables

13. I removed the USB drive from the PX-5s

14. Plugged the USB drive into the computer

15. Deleted the update.bin from the USB drive (very important that this file is not left on the USB drive.  If a drive with the update.bin is plugged into the Px-5s and then the keyboard is turned on, the PX may try to rerun the update software.  This may cause additional problems and anything else on the USB drive will be lost).

16. Copy the MUSICDAT folder that I had earlier copied to the computer back onto the USB drive

17. Properly ejected and removed the USB drive from the computer

18. Insert USB drive into the PX-5s

19. Turn on the PX-5s

20. Press [sys Settings] > Initialize > Initialize All

Then I ran a couple of tests, just to see if things generally worked.  I opened the editor and copied back a couple of stage settings,  They worked without a problem.  I turned the Px-5s off and then back on and the stage settings and tones were still there.

Even though it was advised not to in an early video, I loaded in the ALL file I had saved earlier from the USB drive.  All of the songs, stage settngs, tones and phrases loaded back in.  They worked and have worked so far without any problems.  I weighed using the load ALL file against what had been suggested in the video and tooke the chance because the tone table structure hasn't changed since v1.10 .  The video talked about updating from v1.0 to 1.10 where there were some tone table structure changes - so I took a chance that it would be ok with v1.12.

For me, I haven't run into a single problem, and the original problem where stage setting tones that were changes weren't being held after power down seems to have been fixed (which was one of the main propmts for a new firmware version).