Video Files on Forum ×

Controlling Garageband Instrument Volume With PX-5s

Alan

I'm interested in controlling Garageband instrument volume via USB midi from the px5s using either the volume wheel, slider controllers or pedal inputs. I've looked in the documentation but can't find how to set the midi cc# or any other info regarding controlling instrument parameters. Is this possible? If so, I'd be interested in learning how to do this. Thanks

You've probably only looked at the "User's Guide (Basics)" that came with the PX-5S, right? Check out the downloadable "User's Guide (Tutorial)." That one had MIDI CC all over the place.

The short answer is, Yes, the sliders and knobs can be configured to send MIDI CC.

Do you happen to know what MIDI CC GB instrument volume responds to?

Thank you very much Joe.

Yes, I've only looked at the basics so far. Just starting to work with midi and how to integrate the controllers with GB.

Everything I've read so far would indicate midi cc#7 is used for volume.

I'll dowload the User Guide you mentioned to get the detail for setting that up. I hope to be able to use one of the pedal inputs for volume. Thanks for getting me started in the right direction. 

• Like 1