Video Files on Forum ×

Please help with recording INSTRUMENT and MIC Tracks

Hello and good luck to all who may have the time to read this and help a Retired oldster figure out the ins and outs of recording multiple Audio (Microphone and Instrument) tracks to a User Song and saving a mix to a CASIOWV File.

It seems I did fine making a original chord progression with variation/fill ins, tempo using a preset that added Bass, Drums, and Hammond sound that ended up with a four minute User Song 1

[sONG]------*1

Next: spent a long time going back and forth through the WK-7500 User's Guide finding a clear path to Recording a INSTRUMENT TRACK (B1). Recorded a rhythm Guitar track that sounded fine to me.

Proceeded to record a lead Guitar track on (B2) and when I played it back the B1 track did not play but the B2 lead played. The B1 indicated it had data stored there but no sound in the mix???

Next: spent a long time going back and forth through the WK-7500 User's Guide and made sure B1 and B2 were enabled, Tried this all again with no success.........only the last INSTRUMENT TRACK recorded would play back.

Frustrated now at my lack of ability to comprehend the User's Guide!

I ended up using AUDIO RECORD with a Mic and Guitar plugged into the unit to record Guitar and Vocal simultaneously and using AUDIO PLAYBACK that sounded ok but was not really what I wanted to end up with.

Please help this oldster with any procedures that would help me accomplish recording multiple INSTRUMENT and MIC tracks to a USER SONG, CASIOWV file or wherever this can be accomplished and how many outside TRACKS can be recorded with the WK-7500

Good Luck and Peace to all.....

Hi Mark.  Welcome.

To be clear...the B tracks are only for recording notes played on the keys of the keyboard.  Those are not audio recording tracks.  They are sequencer tracks.   The audio recorder is only 1 stereo track.  It captures the entire performance in one shot.    That includes the accomp pattern you recorded and mic/instrument inputs. You won't be able to record multi-track audio on the wk-7500.  You'll need to use a computer for that part.  

Thank you BradMZ for the timely and informative response and the included Welcome.

Since posting my inquiry I have put a few hours into reading the vast amount of time-saving information on this great site

and followed links from here to other sites. I believe, having done all that without your answer was time well spent.

Now with the information you provided I can turn my attention towards finding a software solution.

The WK-7500 is a powerful and impressive tool that I will continue to explore.  Thanks again Brad, good luck and good health to you and your family.

• Like 1