Video Files on Forum ×

how to switch Stage Settings with Behringer FCB1010

Hi,

I just bought a FCB1010.

I need to use this to get advantage of the 2 exp. pedals (one I uses for volume on Zone 1 and usually the 2nd to control chorus on most of the EP Stage Settings): this is done and it was really simple to achieve.

The other reason is to be able to switch the Stage Setting just by pressing one button (plus bank up and down if needed).

After 4 hours of trials I wasn't able to achieve this result.

Any help here?

Many thanks, bye Massimo

I don't know this device, but there are usually some global settings either through software or on the device itself.  Somewhere, there are default banks that can be set and sent along with program changes.  The concept is this:

1. You step on a pedal that calls up a bank number.  The bank selection should be by MSB and LSB.  For the Px-5s the code sent would be 112 and 0 .  Bank 112 (decimal) is the stage setting bank.  

2. After stomping to select the bank, you stomp in the patch number.  This is the stage setting number from 0-0 to 9-9

That is the concept.  The behringer's pretty deep from what I've heard so I'm sure there's flexibility in how this is done.  Look for any documentation on MIDI presets for this pedal board.  It's probably in the more advanced manual and not in the beginner user guide.  Most midi pedal boards allow preset midi configurations so you only have to step on a number once or twice to activate that patch.  The key in talking to the px-5s and switching sounds is sending the bank change followed by the program change.

• 3 years later...

Hello Leoaprilia2001,

sorry for reactivating your old thread, but since I have the same question...
Have you ever figured out how to change to another Stage Setting?

Could you, or someone else, give me a hint how to assign lets say the Grand piano (0-0) to a pedal?

As far as i figured, I have to use a CC (128 MSB) and a program Change.
But It doesn't make sense, because the program Change only excepts values greater then 0.
Or i just got it all wrong... :)

Cheers, fr43nk