HELP ! I CANT SAVE IN SD CARD, CHANGES MADE ON MIDI FILES

Hi everyone...have  a problem with my new wk6600

Need help with this:

I play my midi songs from the sd card, then, i mute the vocals (i dont know how to erase them), and piano tracks, and add some fx (more reverb) for some tracks. This changes are made pushing the mixer button. But when i finish the changes, there is no way to save them back to the sd card. I´ve pushed FUNCION + SAVE/LOAD BUTTON and nothing happened. I´ve pushed the sequencer button, the mixer button (again) , and then again push FUNCION + SAVE LOAD BUTTON and nothing.

I know i can do  the same thing in my pc (with cubase for example), but i ´d like to know if the keyboard can do it too.....

some advice?

thx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While the new line of Casio WK/CTK-6XXX/7XXX keyboards can load Standard MIDI Files with a .MID file extension into their MIDI file players for PLAYBACK, they can not load them into their Song Sequencers for EDITING.  The MIDI file player is strictly that - a PLAYER - it has no EDITING capabilities.  This is confused by the fact that when a Song Sequencer file is saved, you have the option to save it in the Casio proprietary CMS format or as a Standard MIDI File in the.MID format, but it does not work the other way around.  It will not take a .MID file and convert it to CMS format for editing by the Song Sequencer.  Also, the manual does not make this limitation clear at all.  The only hint to this in the manual is in the table of Supported Data Types  at the bottom of the left hand column of Page 102.  For Song Sequencer Data, .MID files are starred as SAVE ONLY - loading for editing is not supported.

Sadly, the older WK keyboards (3000, 3300, 3500, 3800) came with software that would convert .MID files to .CMS files as they were downloaded from a computer to the keyboard for editing and subsequent saving back to a .MID file, but the only option with the newer boards, as you have already discovered, is to edit .MID files with DAW software on a comupter.

Hi..sorry to butt into this topic, but I had a similar question that I posted in the privia 330 keyboard discussions ,to no replies...I'm assuming that this midi vs cms.issue also holds true for me...I saved my songs as midi on the sd card, then can no longer edit them on the keyboard...so is the solution to save them as cms files?...is it possible to save them as both on the sd card? Thanx in advance...brendan

Brendan

I am not familiar with the Privia 330, but I think it is safe to assume that its Song Sequencer algorithms are the same as those used in the CTK/WK keyboards, and would, therefore, share the same limitations.  The CTK/WK Song Sequencers automatically save their songs in CMS format to internal memory as you create them.  You can them save the song to the SD Card in CMS or MID format, but doing either does not erase the original song from internal memory, so you should be able to save it first to one and then again to the other, and still have the original in internal memory.

Hi, Brendan, I had only come across this topic from this post and saw you picked up on it in my new PX post, glad it helped. Would have answered sooner-the PX is actually pretty complex if you are used to workstation keyboards since the button layout is more geared towards typical home digital pianos. I also posted a few things about creating and importing your own accompaniment styles for the PX-350 (or "rhythms" as Casio calls them) in other posts here if that is something you need info about. You can import the older Casio auto-accompaniment "rhythms" from other Casios into the PX-350, it then saves them as "AC7" files internally. Functions for saving internally or to the card (USB thumb drive in PX-350) I find to be one of the more confusing parts of these PX pianos, the manual is not all that clear. Check my posts (and Tricoson knows alot about this too-thank you Ted!) if you start wrestling with this stuff as we did alot of work trying to figure this all out already and it might save you a migraine or 2!