Transfer midi files

Brendan

Hello...new here...if I transfer song files as midi files onto an sd card,can they be transferred back to the privia 330, either to be modified on the keyboard or simply stored in piano memory...can't understand the manual...thanx

• 2 weeks later...

I own and play the PX350-the operations and file conventions are almost identical. Song editing within the PX'es whether in .mid format or the default Casio song format (CM2) is very limited. I have written to Casio tech support about this requesting implementation of at least a few editable parameters for creating multi-track song arrangements. At this point, you cannot even edit relative volume settings for each channel, and there are no other options except selecting the tone for each track (same as your midi channel) and a very simple overdub punch in/out feature. So the best you could do is save your song as a.mid on the card, transfer it to your computer and edit with a software midi editor such as Anvil Studio..These are definitely not workstations and do not have the song recorder/sequencer functions of any of the newer CTK or WK series, or most other workstation style instruments. and the reason the manual is unclear about this is simple-the capability is just not there..MID files imported from your computer to your card are playback only in the Px-there is no midi editing capability at all from within the PX330 or 350.