Video Files on Forum ×

Tips for a beginner.

Gnomo Alegre

Hello and welcome. Just play it! Don't let your brain get in the way of discovering what you can do with it. You're a musician, you're already there-if you're not you soon will be if you experiment enough with it. If Mozart had this he might have lived a little longer!  :P  I have the XW-P1 not the G1 but learning to create on this is like learning a new instrument entirely IMO.  It can be as simple as just playing through the sequences, phrase, arpeggios to listen. Or grab a tone and noodle around. The beauty of the XW is that no one approach is right or wrong-it can be a simple or complex as you want, It's a real player's instrument (I'd use it on a gig or rehearsal) but also is a composer's/arranger's instrument if you know how. And listen to some of the users here who posted their work on Soundcloud, very cool. I sometimes just call up the piano or some other tone and mess with that, and sometimes go for the programming and see how I can use a performance with a sequence built-in, layer on a pre-programmed phrase or record my own and then hit an arpeggio-all at once-wowee zowee! Even if you just pick a tone and edit it, save as a new tone you are now a "sound designer" and this board has many very inventive sound designers. Sorry for the long post, guess the teacher in me never went away!

• Like 1

Hey Dave,

This might not be too much help for you as being you have the XW-P1 already.. But

As a new guy myself i would suggest picking a solo sound and playing with the oscillators

For that tone for that, you know "Mad Scientist" effect.

Remember to use the sliders on the G1 to master your Madness.

Hope that was a wee bit of help, if not then I'm glad your still SANE.(unlike myself)

This is a good video Mike M. did that if you haven't seen would be a good view.

• Like 1

Hey Dave,

This might not be too much help for you as being you have the XW-P1 already.. But

As a new guy myself i would suggest picking a solo sound and playing with the oscillators

Hope that was a wee bit of help, if not then I'm glad your still SANE.(unlike myself)

https://www.youtube.com/w

Hey Dave,

Great video. Thank you very much, Larry.

Hello:

I have a XW-G1 and a XW-P1. I only want to synchronize the clock of two synthesizers. How is it done?

Thank you.