Sample loaded with Data Editor won't play all the way through

codywatkins

I created a sample in Logic Pro X to use as an interlude between songs for my band's live sets. I bounced it from Logic converted the sample to the G1 format using the Data Editor. Then I transferred the sample onto the keyboard to U:201. But then when I went to trigger the sample (which is a minute long) it only plays for 15 seconds and then cuts off. I tried holding the key down, and I also tried using the "hold" button. I tried pressing all different keys on the keyboard and my sample still cuts off.

But it doesn't cut off in the same exact spot every time, so I know it's not a problem with the sample I loaded in. It cuts off at different spots within a 10-20 second window.

Also, I loaded in a bass drop which is only about 5 seconds long, and it plays the whole thing, I also loaded in another little 5 second sample I made, and it plays the whole thing. I had no problems converting or transferring the file, but the XW-G1 keeps cutting off the sample after about 15 seconds. Is this something wrong with the keyboard? Is there a certain way I need to bounce/export my file out of Logic?

Help please!

U know the G1 cant hold those kind of samples the looper banks are not that big to trigger large samples. Only small loops and instrument samples. shots , drops and such. If you want to trigger larger samples you have to use an sampler app that can be triggered would be more proficient.

And if you want that piece of sample you have to down grade it to 42khz or lower  mono/stereo such that can fit in a bank I would suggest an MPC.

• Like 1