XW Online Clinic - Tuesday June 17th

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see some demos regarding getting the best use of the filter(s).

We know it is quite easy to adjust the resonance and cut-off control manually in solo synth mode. However, there are many more ways that the filters can be implemented into a tone/ performance. What I like to see demonstrated is:

1. Linking the filter to the LFO to 'sweep' the cut off (already in FAQ's, though quality demos would be good!)

2. Having the LFO continuously sweep the the cut off independently of key presses (i.e. each key press will sound with the filter at whatever part of the LFO wave it happens to be at, at that moment in time).

3. The opposite to the above - having the filter re-trigger with each key press

4. Show if it is possible to use filters in P1 HEX mode effectively

5. On the G1 - show how to use the filters with samples (if this is possible)

6. On the G1 - show if the filters can be used with drum kits/ drum samples

Basically, a good session on how to use the filters in different modes and for different functions!

Use of the mixer functions during live play in sequencer mode and performance mode (can this be done in performance mode?)-how to switch and control individual and "all" or "master" levels while playing live. I think you've posted tutorials already but wouldn't hurt to show this again IMO. 

The sliders they a bit of a mystery still, They can be edited while you make a Step sequence and programmed a slider for certain notes/velocity to certain parts.

When these parts are selected then its when they change by hitting the sliders or slide the master slider to switch octave or some sort of it it took a while .

Its a bit strange cause you can change a drum phrase into another while retaining the same pattern.So I also though pressing the part and step buttons could turn a sequence part on and off with the master slider or the other select buttons. Somewhere I wished casio would put another select button to have the step leds resemble the mixer / parts to be turned on / off on the fly.

In short performance doesn't seem to do anything with the sliders only step  sequence and solo synth maybe something to help doing some awesome with those. 

• 3 weeks later...

Planned topics so far:
1.  Solo Synth:  Programming Expressive Leads
2.  Step Sequencer Controller Tracks
3.  Step Sequencer - Master Filter trick
4.  Performance Mode & Zones
5.  Phrase Sequencing.

At roughly 10 minutes per topic plus questions that should cover the hour.

Chas, I'll work in as many of your suggestions as possible.

• Like 2

Larry

Scott Hamlin says he does not think it has been posted on YouTube yet, but it is available at the:

http://www.ustream.tv/casiomusicgear   site.  I did not realize that.  I thought that site was only

for the "live" broadcasts, but the archives are there, as well.  When you first go in, the video

window comes up in upper-center screen, but a pop-up menu comes up to its right so that

you can view/download the session of your choice.

Regards,

Ted

Larry

Scott Hamlin says he does not think it has been posted on YouTube yet, but it is available at the:

http://www.ustream.tv/casiomusicgear   site.  I did not realize that.  I thought that site was only

for the "live" broadcasts, but the archives are there, as well.  When you first go in, the video

window comes up in upper-center screen, but a pop-up menu comes up to its right so that

you can view/download the session of your choice.

Regards,

Ted

Thank you Ted i did see Scotts (and your) post on this.

The problem is that Ustreem is a bit slow and skiping from place to place in the Video, is not ideal, for me at least.

Youtube is better for me and i can easly download it to store on my SD card i have for my G1.

This way i have as many videos that i can refer to as aposed to the G1 manual as Mikes videos are far better help then the oddly writen, unoragnized book someone thought to call a users manual.

I might just have to download it from Ustreem and edit out the "blank" parts myself if it's not going to be uploaded by Mike as he said he was. :)

Larry

Ok XW owners,

This is the youtube upload's i have for anyone that wants a refrence to Mike Martin's

Live Clinic work for the XW-P1 and XW-G1. (Video Manual)

I would like to thank Mr.Mike Martin, for his Time,Knowledge and Support.-- Thank you Mike!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

XW Online Clinic Thursday July 25th 2013 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u9BOYT5oNo

----------------------------------------------------------------------

XW Online Clinic Tuesday June 17th 2014 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BKyArNTafE&feature=youtu.be&t=21m15s/

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Larry

• Like 1

• 2 months later...