Video Files on Forum ×

Cant download new stage setting "warm strings"

jazzdoc52

I actually downloaded the file, but when I try to open it, it won't let me, says "there is  no app to open file" 

I am using a Mac. I see the message that the file should be put in musicdat folder, but i also don't know how to create that folder. 

Thanks

Hello. That file just to be downloaded on your computer.. it looks like it is trying to open it. Set your computer to download only, not download and open. I don't have a Mac yet, so I don't know how exactly you make a folder on a flash drive. Should be as easy as putting your flash drive in the Mac, navigate to it and click create new folder. Name it musicdat. Good luck - maybe a Mac user will be along soon to provide more details.  :)

The flash drive has to be formatted as Windows or DOS or whatever (FAT32? I don't remember ATM). Some people have had trouble doing that on a Mac where it would work on the PX-5S (I didn't have any problem). Your best bet might be to plug the flash drive into your PX-5S and format it there. I believe it also creates the MUSICDAT folder when it does that. Then take the flash drive to your Mac and put the stage setting file in that folder.

Also note that MUSICDAT has to be all caps.

Actually after my post I figured it out. The file was downloaded , but couldn't open..but it is unnecessary to open it on the computer. After i downloaded data manger and connected it to the keyboard, i looked in "downloads" and found the file, and dragged it to the bin on the manager, and from there moved it into the stage settings on the board. Works great, and didn't have to use the thumb drive. Thanks for the responses!

• Like 1