Drum sequences

Crunch

Has anyone created drum sequences they'd be willing to share? I'm not a drummer, don't even know how to change say, cymbal type, on a track. Is it a hopeless undertaking to try to use the XW-P1 to get a drum sound with a realistic (acoustic) feel? I'm looking at MDrummer and Jamstix to buy but MDrummer seems geared to Hip Hop and Jamstix appears to have limited built-in sequences. I could be wrong about the latter. I'm primarily a jazz, fusion and R&B player. Any suggestions would be welcome, and thanks.

Well I am a G1 user at first I thought it was difficult to create drums sequence in the step sequencer and save it but its pretty simple you can change per part the drum kit and assign any percussion to it volume , dsp effect etc. Mike Martin video's are actually straight forward in showing how.

Its just pressing buttons and do you're mix you can even use the available step sequences as an template and adjust them the XW saves them on a free user slot.

There is also the possibility of recording a drum sequence through the phrase sequencer via midi or loop record a midi sequence right into a phrase from a DAW or software sequencer.

There is a clinic coming soon maybe you have a question or want to see what you ask for demonstrated here the link to post about it.

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/5888-xw-online-clinic-tuesday-june-17th/

if you search around the web, you may be able to find "freeware" .mid files that are drum/percussion phrases specifically for using in your own sequences, phrases and performances. I know this is so because I have a huge collection i had downloaded quite awhile ago for messing around (I am a drummer and was curious to see if these were any good). if I knew how, I could send you a bunch I could compile in one "zip" archive and email to you-.mid files are so small, i could send a few dozen and ti would still be less than 1-2 megabytes worth. if you are interested, send me a PM.

• Like 1