Video Files on Forum ×

File wont load

The card should be formatted in the keyboard and files must be in the MUSICDAT folder on the card.

If that is not the problem, then what are the names of the files you are trying to load, including the three character file extension after the decimal point.  That will tell us whether the files are valid XW files.

• Like 1

The XW determines what type of file to save or load depending upon what mode the keyboard is in when you bring up the save/load screen.  See the table in Step 2 in the right hand column of Page 75 of the manual to determine which button to press for the type of file you want to save/load.  These are the "save" instructions, but Step 2 of the "load" instructions at the bottom of the left hand column on Page 77 refer to this same table for putting the XW in the proper mode for the type of file you want to load.

A ZPF file is a 'PERFORMANCE" file, so the XW needs to be in "PERFORMANCE" mode in order to go looking for that type of file on the card.  If it is in, for instance, "TONE" mode, when you enter save/load and there are no "TONE" files on the card, it will tell you "no file", even though the "PERFORMANCE" file you really wanted, was there.  That is to say, the XW will not show ALL the files that are on the card when you go into the save/load screen.  It will look for and show only the type of files determined by the mode of the keyboard when you enter save/load.  See the table in the left hand column of Page 73 under "Supported Data Types" for the different file types identified by the various file extensions.

I am assuming that this might be your problem, as the manual is really not clear on this, at all, especially with their choice of example pictures and inclusion of a key instruction only under the "save" section, so this is a common error for many new XW owners.

So I downloaded this patch/file....PX-THX...it's a .ZPF...but it won't load...so I select Performance...Menu...card load...select the file...select the user location...enter...yes...and I get error WRONG DATA...what am I doing wrong?

Mike

The "PX" in PX-THX.ZPF indicates that it is a performance file for the Privia PX-5S and is not compatible with either of the XW models, so that is why you are getting the "Wrong data" error message on that file.  The "The Wont Get Who.ZPF" is a performance file that uses a Draw-bar Organ tone, which is not supported by the XW-G1.  You do not say which XW model you have, but if it is a G1, that is why you are getting the "Wrong data" message on that file.  I downloaded "Wont Get Who" and it loaded and played fine on my P1, so we know the file that is posted for download is OK.  If you DO have a P1 and still get the "Wrong data" message, the Error Message table on Page 81 of the manual shows that this could indicate a corrupt data card.  In that case, I would recommend reformatting the card (with the keyboard - not a computer) and trying again.