Casio sustain pedals SP-32 and SP-33

Does anyone know if these are identical? The SP-32 is not specified for the PX350, only the SP-33. But the SP-32 costs quite a bit less. I know the SP-33 has a special dedicated connection and I can't find any info as to whether the SP-32 is the same. I am using a single Casio sustain pedal but would like the added functionality of the 3 pedals, or at least a soft pedal function which I see can also be achieved using 2 separate pedals in the 2 standard 1/4" pedal jacks. Thanks.

Googling " Casio px-350 SP-32 "  gives this review (of the SP-33) from Amazon.com:

--------------------------------------

Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Amazon.com:  7 reviews
6 of 7 people found the following review helpful
 Exactly the same as the SP32, not sure why the price difference. Dec 16 2012
By Tech Nurse Published on Amazon.com
Verified Purchase
A bit disappointing with this foot pedal. I was hoping for the price difference between the SP 32 and SP 33 that this might of been an upgraded design. Apparently it's the same design. Note: the model numbers are different because depending on which keyboard you have depends on which model will work. The SP32 will NOT work with the PX-350. You have to get the SP33.

This is a dark grey plastic bar which doesn't match the Black CS-67 stand. The pedals are small and does not fit flush with the floor which allows the chord to slide underneath without pinching. I would of preferred a channel on the side that the chord could of been slotted thru.

The left 2 pedals don't appear to be as responsive as the far right pedal. If you want a 3 pedal solution, this appears to be the only option though.

On a side note, does anyone know of a 3 pedal design that would work with the PX-350M that doesn't have the cross bar for a more portable setup?

For pictures, it's the exact same as the SP32 which I had first ordered by mistake.

--------------------------------

So he (she?) tried the SP-32, and it didn't work.

If you're content with 'damper on / damper off' for the sustain pedal (no half-pedalling), two M-Audio sustain pedals will do the job.  But my experience is that the "soft pedal" on the PX-350 makes _very little_ difference to the sound.  It makes a bit "darker" (less high frequencies), doesn't change the volume very much.

As a side note (probably irrelevant to you):  With the SP-33 pedal (which I have), the PX-350 correctly sends a "soft pedal" (controller #67) message out the MIDI port.  Pianoteq "hears" it, but the Pianoteq sound isn't affected at all!

I suggest buying the SP-33.  Half-pedalling is nice to have (even the one-value "half-pedalling" that's supported).

.       Charles

• 4 years later...

Just a quick update to this-for portability, I've opted for 2 separate single pedals which work fine for me. I also Googled a post about the 3 different pedals from Casio-the sp-30, sp-32 and sp-33. The 33 has a different elctrical design so will work with the newest Privias. The 30 and 32 are onlt compatible with the earlier Privias that have the 3-pedal dedicated connector. The difference between those 2 is construction.  The 30 has plastic pedals (yuch) and the 32 has metal-but plastic pivots so still not much sturdier for repeated use. And the support bar is slightly different for each and not cross-compatible. I believe the 33 has all-metal construction but not sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I never saw this thread before. Or maybe I did but didn't know the answer back then.

The SP32 and SP33 use the same connector but they're wired differently. If one is used with the wrong model, the sustain pedal will work backwards. That is, press it to not sustain.

As Jokeyman wrote, the SP33 works with the current models. If sslyutov is correct, and I think he is, the SP33 works with x50 models and x60 models (the latter of which are current models).

6 hours ago, Joe Muscara said:

Sorry I never saw this thread before. Or maybe I did but didn't know the answer back then.

The SP32 and SP33 use the same connector but they're wired differently. If one is used with the wrong model, the sustain pedal will work backwards. That is, press it to not sustain.

As Jokeyman wrote, the SP33 works with the current models. If sslyutov is correct, and I think he is, the SP33 works with x50 models and x60 models (the latter of which are current models).

All information can be checked in manuals 

search for SP-33

https://support.casio.com/pdf/008/Web_PX150-E-1A.pdf

https://support.casio.com/storage/en/manual/pdf/EN/008/Web_PX160-ES-1B_EN.pdf

etc...

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 4:29 AM, Joe Muscara said:

Sorry, I know this is an old thread.

Do you know the difference in the pins on the SP32 vs the SP33? Maybe it can be re-wired?