Video Files on Forum ×

Get the sounds in!

Hey moogy. I believe this question has been answered on the px 5s part of the forum. You have posted your question on the Xw part of the forum. I'm not sure if these two boards load the same way. 

Look on down the page and I will tell you how to do it on the XW.  I bet these boards will be real similar on how to load sounds.

• Like 1

Here's how you do it on the XW-P1

1.  Insert a sd card in the keyboard. From menu have it format the card. This should create a file within the card called MUSICDAT.

2. Remove card from keyboard.

3. On your laptop create a new folder and name it something you can remember easily. Download all your new sounds to this folder.

4. Insert the sd card into your laptop or p.c. Allow the computer to find the sd card. When it does, drag all your downloaded sounds from the folder you created the the MUSICDAT folder on the sd. Be sure to use the safely remove hardware feature on you p.c. before you remove the sd card.

5.Insert the card back in the board. Press menu and scroll thru till you find "load from card". Find an empty user slot to load the sound to. On the XW it looks like this U-0-0.I think i goes thru to U-9-9. I don't have my board in front of me right now so I may be a little off on this step. Be sure you save to the User banks or you will be overwriting you presets from factory.

Just be aware. If for example you download a drawbar organ sound,you have to place it in the user categories in the organ categories. Hex sounds have to be saved to the Hexlayer category user slots. Solo Synth to Solo Synth user categorys etc..etc...

• Like 2