Casio AIR and sampled GM-PCM.

Casio AIR is a nice piece of work it gives piano the sonic extend needed to realistic emulate grands and wot not piano's, But why stop their those nuances can be put in other sounds such as guitars, bass and ensemble instruments the same technique?. 

Techniques to compress big waves compact and lossless expanding them is quiet a feat with lots more potential at the same cost. The AIF , AHL technique's have all used the same principle giving sound a natural approximation , As it seems to me AIR expands greatly on that all though solely on piano's and I find that a lost on the other sound available to which the DSP fills in a big part.

The DSP has turned into a big wave expansion itself tho I have to admit the PX5S has bright warm sounds like this hybrid stage piano/synth topples itself also on the mid-range synths from other brands. Programming a synth is not for the faint of hearts tackling such will bring one in the realm of sound technicians like the once setting the gears up for big artist performing on stage or studio and why not piano's , EP , Brass are great but why stop there.

It would be a small upgrade if all or more parts of the sounds would make use of the AIR system, Sampling a complete library of GM-PCM could not be that much work to beef up the sounds for more body. Basically it could give the keyboard more its already a nice blend I love that I'm just saying the mechanics of the AIR principle has lots in common with other musical instruments xylophone , trumpets etc. even the synthesis parts its just "sounds" which should do easy enough things like emulate a vintage DX7 EP.   

The way I see it every six part of AIR such as the morphing , lid simulation, lossless compression could do for other instruments like for a trumpet the lip-reed, valves  and pieces of tubing simulating long or shorter parts seems to me the same principle of resonating.

Maybe my comparison and thinking about the use of AIR is way off about the purpose it was build for but in the PX5S some PCM have been utilized for this not all.