Video Files on Forum ×

mic live on a wk7500 casio

Is the mic supposed to come through the keyboard speakers or is the mic just for recording.  My mic does not work and it is a dynamtic mic as suggested in the manual  The Guitar works through the keyboard speakers  

Help

I am not trying to sound silly, but we do need to check the obvious things first:

Are you connecting the mic to the MIC IN jack and NOT the INST IN jack ?

If your mic has an ON/OFF switch, is it ON ?

Have you increased the MIC Volume control on the front panel to about half-way ?

Now, all of that said, I have seen several similar discussions here on these forums and on others that seem to indicate that not all dynamic mics work with the Casio keyboards - the CTK/WK's and the XW's.  Some of them just do not seem to have high enough output levels.  I am using an Audio Technica ATR-30.  Its huge and weighs a ton, but it works fine with my CTK-7000, WK-7500, and XW-P1.  It's 8 years old and has long since been discontinued.  Audio Technica recommends the ATR-1300 as a replacement, but I am not sure about the sound quality.  The ATR-30 sold for $60 USD, which is not all the much to begin with, but the ATR-1300 sells for only $30 USD, so I would be a bit dubious about that.  At any rate, the specs on the ATR-30 are: a low impedance, cardioid, dynamic mic - just in case you want to go looking for something similar.

Good luck !

thank very much for the reply.  It is funny you mention the obvious as we thought the same thing .... it has to be something simple. 

We tried in the store to get a mic to work and no go.  I think you are right about the older mics working as the newer mic do not have the output like a guitar would have.  The manual indicates a standard jack, input impedance 3k., input sensivity 10mV ... and I have no idea what that even means.  I will try to find the mics you suggested as I would really like this function to work.

Thanks again, I appreciate any suggestions