Ambient Music on the PX-5S

dsmith1

Has anyone had any luck building some good ambient stage settings on the PX-5S?  I'm trying to write in the vein of Sigur Ros, Brian Eno, Boards of Canada, Tycho, etc., and I would really like to build some cool ambient stage settings.  Anybody have one they can share, or have any tips on building my own?

Hello.. I moved this to where it belonged.  :)

PX-5S is great for ambient.  Presets like Ice Castles and Maxmillion are good starting points to make your own.

You basically want sounds with a nice, long attack and evolving textures. I always add in a bit of rain. wind and other nature sounds in post to add to the mix.

• Like 1

Wow hefty I was thinking about that in the same range that quiet a list of inspiration you could use it as a set-list and gather songs with nice ambient property's and copy build on that using the PX5S and Mike Martins clinic video's. Still learning and figuring out my own PX5S but one thing I know this on has the ambient build factor inside of it to be.    

If you can't tell by most of the sounds I create for the PX-5S - it is wonderful for ambient.  Take some of the new Stage Settings like Magic or Orbiting - make some minor adjustments and make them your own.  Just slow down the tempo of the arpeggio can make a different in how you play a sound.  There is so much to explore.

Thank you both for your comments.  I'll start with Magic, Orbiting, Ice Castles, and Maxmillion.  The sound I'm really hoping to achieve is a vintage, no frills, grainy washed out sound.  I will keep experimenting and let you guys know if I have any success :)

Thank you both for your comments.  I'll start with Magic, Orbiting, Ice Castles, and Maxmillion.  The sound I'm really hoping to achieve is a vintage, no frills, grainy washed out sound.  I will keep experimenting and let you guys know if I have any success :)

There are plenty of waveform samples from vintage analog synths  in there... layer them, run them thru filters and effects and just have fun!