CTK 5000 not in tune

We have a CTK-5000. I discovered it is two semi-tones off. For example, playing a B key gives a C with multiple different tuning sources. I can put it back in tune with the Function/Transpose, but resets to the original when the instrument is powered off.

Any ideas how to change the default tuning? Note that the transpose function only works for that particular tone; changing to a different "instrument" sound results in the new tone being out of tune unless we change it.

I know there are ways to save settings such as Registration Memory, but I am looking for a more permanent, across-the-board solution.

• Like 1

Probable cause is a defective or out of calibration pitch wheel.  Check your manual and see if it's possible to disable pitch bend as a temporary fix.

Then either take it in for service or else do a DIY fix.

Here's a video on how to do a DIY repair.  Be advised if it's still under warranty opening the unit will void it.  If it's still under warranty send it back to Casio for a fix.

Also be advised that should you go for a DIY repair that his method of adding spacers to the springs is bullsh*t.

There should be some sort of adjustable trim pot on the board to adjust the tuning of the pitch wheel properly.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pitch+bend+repair&page=&utm_source=opensearch