NO MONO????

moogy

Just curious, which hammer weighted digital pianos have a mono mode?

That would be fine if it were just a digital piano. There are plenty of videos where Casio representatives agree it is not only a stage piano but also a synth. 

Now, I am curious. What other SYNTH romplers (not run of the mill digi pianos) around or above 1k, lack a mono mode?

• Like 1

That would be fine if it were just a digital piano. There are plenty of videos were Casio representatives agree it is not only a stage piano but also a synth. 

Now, I am curious. What other SYNTH romplers (not run of the mill digi pianos) around or above 1k, lack a mono mode?

Not sure... Decisions like this are made in the labs and "war rooms". You can speculate as to why all day. Luckily with MIDI most of these options can be easily implemented. Even the small LCD and no dedicated transpose buttons are being addressed with an app. I don't really spend too much time on "what can't something do". I either figure out a way to make it work if I need it to, or use another tool.  :)

• Like 2

i have added a Korg ix300 to my PX5S and it is amazing how good the Sounds are....anyway i found there is also a Mono / Poly Setting so i tried monophonic mode and it is 

so cool playing solo´s with it....this are little things but the make the decisions for my next Super Synth and it will be a Korg....i think there should be a mono mode in the PX5S and the XW Series...Poeple who get a XW will get it for other reasons then the mono mode and PX5S Piano Players will get a PX5S for the Pianosound the 3 scaled Hammer mech,...and not because it has mono mode but it will make them happy ! ;) to buy a Casio Synth or Stage Piano again....the litte cent ,,makes the difference...

• Like 1

i have added a Korg ix300 to my PX5S and it is amazing how good the Sounds are....

Can you explain what you are talking about here please? You connected a Korg ix300 to the PX5S and somehow this makes it sound better or...?

A very easy way to add monophonic capabilities to the PX-5S is just MIDI up an iPhone or iPad and run an app like Animoog.

Looking more an more likely I'll have to splurge on an ipad some day because of this and the midi designer even though I'd prefer to avoid the apple eco-system and the extra cables.  

I'll probably be back to ask for help if I ever do.

nope i have a korg ix300 connected with my Px5S so i play mono leads on the ix300 and also the drums on the ix300 and piano and the sound i like on the px5s ,...of course adding some ix300 sound to the px5 layers brings me some very nice new sounds....the ix300 also has after touch ,,,playing a guitar sound with it is very impressive ...