Video Files on Forum ×

help transefering samples

arioman

hello, I bought a casio xw g1 a few moths ago, but i couldnt add new sounds from the computer.

i downloaded some samples from this page, but i can only play the "performance" mode (zpf), and i cannot add any sound in "tone"

help please

can someone give me a download link of a sample that you know that it works?, to check what is the problem (in the "tone" mode, not performance or zpf)

thanks

• Like 1

Hi Arioman,  What samples did you have trouble with?   Are you using the data editor to transfer files to the XW?

This link is a ZWT user wave tone made from some samples.....   http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/303-toy-piano-xw-g1/

Using the data editor, you want to select TRANSFER and then USER WAVE category from the drop down list.  Next, drag the ZWT file in the left pane over to the right pane.  You'll notice some factory supplied user wave tones are already in place on the G1.  

After that, if you're not already there, you can select tone mode on the G1 and scroll to the user wave tone you just loaded.  They are numbered  U:200 thru 210 on the G1 display.  

• Like 2

The sample memory has 10 user slots.   Each user slot can be split into 5 samples for up to 50 samples total in the 10 user slots.  

how i do that? and what is the difference between ZTN and ZWT?

i am new in this about samples, and i dont find much information in the internet

so i cannot create a sample for my casio from a .wav or something?

Thanks for your help

ZTN is a tone made from internal pcm sounds only.   ZWT is made from user supplied waves.

You can use the data editor to convert .wav files to sample data for the XW-G1.  The data editor can then be used to make the tone and splits and loop points.  

First click on USER WAVE CONVERT.  

Select your .wav file from your computer by clicking the OPEN FILE button in the upper right corner.

To create splits with the data editor...import multiple wave files.   You might want to use Audacity (a free audio editor download)  to trim your .wav files first.

When you're happy with everything, save it by pressing the SAVE FILE button in the upper right corner.  

Next you can press the TRANSFER button and load the new user wave file to the G1 as I described in earlier post.

You can now select parameter edit to add the wave tone to a zone and then edit it further.  

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
On 19/06/2014 at 2:12 PM, BradMZ said:

The sample memory has 10 user slots.   Each user slot can be split into 5 samples for up to 50 samples total in the 10 user slots.  

Not sure what you mean by "another file".   Converting any type of other tone to a ZTN file is not possible.  

Hello, think about getting an xw g1 as it looks like it can do what we want with samples.

When you say each user slot can be split into 5 samples, does this mean splitting the keyboard up so 5 different samples are played across different areas of the keyboard?

Can the 5 samples per user slot be completely different samples?

Not actually used on of these yet, just thinking about getting one so you might need to keep answers fairly simple!

Just worried as 10 user slots doesn't sound like a lot, especially as that is specifically the function that we need it for.

Thanks in advance

George

1 hour ago, Corvine said:

Hello, think about getting an xw g1 as it looks like it can do what we want with samples.

When you say each user slot can be split into 5 samples, does this mean splitting the keyboard up so 5 different samples are played across different areas of the keyboard?

Not actually used on of these yet, just thinking about getting one so you might need to keep answers fairly simple!

Just worried as 10 user slots doesn't sound like a lot, especially as that is specifically the function that we need it for.

Thanks in advance

George

You can assign samples to each key's so if you've got five samples from slot 1 you can create a sample on C key the next on C# ,

D and so on. 

But you can also do an instrument sample made from five pitched sampled you'll get a full ranged instrument at the keyboard 

made from a sample at each octave for something like a new brass or piano.

It also the way to make a new drumkit sampling five drum sounds at one slot  and then assign them. 

The first sample for octave C1 can be a basdrum the second on C2 can be a snare or a dog bark , breaking glass anything you

want to sample. 

Because there are ten banks its easy to make you're own order like for example  bank 1 to 4 can be piano, bass, guitar, pad .

bank 5 to 7 drumkits and 8 to 9 can be loops. Its possible to save all of them together within an all file. That way you can load up

new banks exactly how you've arranged them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corvine said:

Thanks in advance

George

Yes and yes.  😎

• Like 1

Cheers guys, thanks very much for answering so quickly!

So once a set of 10 banks has been assigned and saved as 1 file, is it possible to then load up another set of 10 banks with different samples that had been assigned and saved earlier as a different file? Or does one set of 10 use up all of the allocated memory?

thanks

George

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Yeah, they're all talking about wave sounds of what can be sampled...

They didn't answer Arioman when he asked:

"so i only have 10 spaces for samples?
there is no way to make a .ZTN from another file?"

Shouldn't ZTN files be able to be placed within the 100 PCM Melody Users available in XW-G1 for our "use"?

Why we can't use "the maximum memory in the XW-G1"? Its not possible convert ZTN files? We can edit and share ZTN files in the forum but the Editor only allows converting to ZWT?

I don't understand why we have to sacrifice the small wave-sample space for PCM if there is already user space dedicated to them - ZTN files should go to PCM Users. By logic we should use the ZWT outside the PCM Casio tones field, for creation purposes with microphones and instruments (inputs) - for external samplers, not Casio's PCM.

A CTK 4400 has 600 default sounds, many of them already in dual-layer, but in a production equipment like an XW-G1 We can't save a Layered PCM where we could save it, which is already much harder to do than a simple CTK that haves a layer button.

The XW-G1 is a very noble equipment, it comes with very nice features, but it's not as practical and versatile as I expected from my previous experiences with other good Casio's. It deserved a firmware update. At least the Software Editor needs updates...

See how much the search for a BassStation2 increased when, years later, Novation updated its firmware.

Updating firmware is much profitable for businesses than launching other hardware...