CTK-5000 SD card problems

Hi all, I'm new here so first I'd just like to say 'HI!'

Right, having done that here's my question: How do I save songs using an SD card on a CTK-50000? I've tried following the manual but there seem to be holes in the procedure. I seem to be able to get data into the card but I can't get it out. Are there any online tutorials I could read or watch which could cast any light on my predicament.

Cheers,

Matt.

Matt

Without more detail, it is a bit difficult for me to tell where you are having problems - specifically, whether you have a "save" issue or a "playback" issue.  The song save/playback procedures of my CTK-6000 are just enough different from those of the CTK-5000, that it is difficult for me to follow them in detail in the CTK-5000 manual, but your post has been setting there for several days without a response, so we will give it a try and see if we can get you going.

If you are saving files to the SD Card that you have recorded from the keyboard, then the keyboard should be saving them to the MUSICDAT folder on the SD Card, but if you are copying MIDI song files to the SD Card from a computer, then you must copy them into the MUSICDAT folder on the SD Card in order for the keyboard to find them.

If you are saving song files that you have recorded on the keyboard to the SD Card, then you should be able to play them back directly from the SD Card without having to "LOAD" them into User Memory first.  See "Playing Back Data from an SD Memory Card" at the top of the right hand column on Page 64 of the manual.  If you follow that procedure and do not see any files to playback, then your files are not getting saved properly into the MUSICDAT folder or were not properly copied into the MUSICDAT folder from a computer.

When you save a file to the SD Memory Card that you have recorded on the keyboard, you must first have the keyboard in "Playback Standby" mode before you attempt the save.  See Item 8 at the top of the left hand column on Page 49 of the manual.  The "Recorder" button must be lit STEADY.  If it is OFF, the recorder is off, or if it is FLASHING, the Recorder is in "Record Standby" mode.  In either of these two cases, the save will not be made.

Hope this helps.  Best of luck !

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...