Other tunings than 440

I find it hard enough to stay on key much less mess with deliberate mistunings. ;)

Then again what do you think you get from a fractional detune of say 0.3 Hz?  What effect are you trying to achieve?  I'm not talking about a detuned layer in a Hex Layer here but rather a fully detuned keyboard.  Other than providing it as a means to play along with an out of tune recording my take on it is that the band tunes their instruments to the keyboard's perfect tuning.

Like I said, I can enjoy a detuned layer in a Hex Layer, but I really don't see any advantage to an entire band playing slightly out of tune.

Gary

:)  Hello:

I say:

If you love to create, you're creating. I love to create and I don't follow doctrines. The XW is my music teacher. You are my masters in music theory. Thank you.

I use frequency: 423.3.

PS: I say:

You have to guide you through your joy and not through the form.
Edited by David

Then again what do you think you get from a fractional detune of say 0.3 Hz? What effect are you trying to achieve?  

Like I said, I can enjoy a detuned layer in a Hex Layer, but I really don't see any advantage to an entire band playing slightly out of tune.

The effect I am looking for is to bring a particular emotion out in the listener. A sad song should make them feel sad and a happy song should make them feel happy. 

I think every one has seen an opera singer sing a certain note that the vibration causes glass to break. No I'm not trying to turn my XW into an acoustic weapon   :D  but I ran across information like in the video above. I am talking about changes in tuning small enough to not sound out of tune but enough to change the physical vibration effects on the listener. I am still looking for the tuning that makes ALL listeners feel like giving the band a big tip in the tip jar.  :)

• Like 1

Thank you. ;)Pink Floid is an example. They used that frequency.

Next month when I get my oscilloscope I shall finally be able to produce the BROWN NOISE!!! :D :D :D Muhahahahahahahahahah! :D :D :D

IT'S VERY DANGEROUS! Gary stay calm, please... :lol:

CarreragatosMario_zpsf5dd0996.gif
Edited by David
  • Like 2

Next month when I get my oscilloscope I shall finally be able to produce the BROWN NOISE!!! :D :D :D Muhahahahahahahahahah! :D :D :D

No, Gary you will open Pandora's box. Next you will discover the YELLOW noise. Then you will create the ultimate evil, putting the BROWN noise on one oscillator and the YELLOW noise on another oscillator and play them together in a single tone.  :o

• Like 1

Sacred Solfeggio:

DO=528 Hz = sacred tuning (Love and Joy):

This topic is to give and give. And it is a very interesting topic.

Thanks David the Solfeggio scale tuning looks interesting. I was googling for samples of the tones to play with and found this VSTi synth 

ANCIENT SOLFEGGIO SYNTHESIZER

http://seanluciw.com/VSTis.php

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

1. Does anyone know HOW to tune the Casio PX-5S to 432 Hz?

2. In case I like the new frequency, is  there a way to keep it at that tuning even after turning off and turning on? 

3. When using it with Focusrite 4i4 and Ableton Live 10 Suite (both new - total beginner! - am about to connect it all together today and hope to record something), do I need to alter any settings on either of those for 432 Hz or is changing the tuning on the piano enough?

Thank you for any help! Please be detailed and clear with instructions and gear them towards a technological newbie - thanks!

🙏

🌈

1. Press system settings>sound generator>tuning.  

2. Press system settings>general>auto resume>turn it ON.

3. Piano tuning only changes the sound of the PX-5S.  If you're using audio cables to record, it will work.  If you're recording MIDI, you'll have to tune your virtual instruments on the computer as well.

Thank you so much for your reply! Because of your answer I have been able to start experimenting with different frequencies today! Have been looking at various theories regarding the potential benefits of 432 Hz and 444 Hz and watching videos with sand formations and water droplets etc. Anyway, it's all very interesting, and it's so nice to be able to try my own music out at different frequencies. Very much appreciate your help.

💛🌈

• Like 1