Video Files on Forum ×

volume on sounds

Hi just a quick question I used my 7200 at a school were nurses were graduating ,I had to play 2 songs one with a background drums running,,i did try to adjust the volume on one of the patches and saved it but when I tried to layer the lower pad sound from the user bank to the piano sound it played at the same volume as before so I could not use the layered sound.. Any idea I am not sure if I am missing something I did lower the volume using the mixer than I saved it if I play the sound by itself its fine but if I layer it to the piano sound the volume will go up when layered..any help will be appreciated.....

monchito

If you are trying to set up the 7200 for real-time (live) play, power on the keyboard, set up all settings they way you want them (including split/layer volume settings) and save it to a Registration.  Then recall that registration immediately prior to playing the song(s) for which that set up was intended.  See Pages 66 & 67 of your manual.  You will need to keep track of which Registration numbers are for which song(s) in a separate note pad, as the keyboard can not store that information internally.

If you want to adjust the split/layer settings as part of a User Song, load the song, make your volume settings, and do a "Panel Record".  See Page 78 of your manual.  Note that this procedure only works on User Songs saved as Casio proprietary (CMS) song files that can be loaded into the Song Sequencer for editing.  This will not work for songs saved as Standard MIDI Files with a ".MID" file extension, as they can only be loaded into the keyboard's MIDI file player for playing.  They can not be loaded into the Song Sequencer for editing.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted