Video Files on Forum ×

PX-5S Review -- "Sound on Sound"

cpcohen

Available here, costs 99 cents for non-subscribers:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul14/articles/casio-privia-px5s.htm

I don't own a PX-5S, but "Sound on Sound" does good reviews, and it will be interesting to see what they make of it.

.                  Charles 

PS -- and if Mike Martin bought the rights, and posted it here, that would be really neat!<g>

• Like 1

Give it a year or so and you read that for free, I read the the Korg mw1 review and the Kronos as well several other synths was impressed how they look at the keyboards what they can provide to any key player being it for Casio PX350 or PX5S there is quiet a history forehead that specify some unique factor from a new keyboard the writer starts off with. And now the part that I really started to love needles to say after some hands on experience myself to drop in awe.

What strikes me the most from these review is how it is written with an technical inside from a keyboardist perspective like how to program the synth and access the many effect section parameters switching to other patches getting the most richness of the sound and portability or setup for home and studio rigs.

The utmost factor for readers is mostly the sound how authentic it sounds piano's , clavs , strings , organs and how fast they can switch patches just as they want to have them for each song and in same case  synth sounds can I play create that sound I'm hearing in my head. Most review don't comprise that much.

However most reviews specify greatly the weight distribution of the keyboard and the feel of the keybed also the sounds which are played in a candy-apple sense in capable hands you get nice demo's. In another sense readers might make and judge with wrong comparisons to other brands where they would miss out on the total capability of the keyboard.

Honestly and personally for me its getting used to get familiar with the keyboard as i'm not a full fledged player but even I can hear the XW and certainly the PX5S

can blow you over I have downloaded user stage patches I say most of these sounds certainly are in class in between Korg kronos and Yamaha synth sounds where with both of the latter most sound are pre-programmed with arpeggio,pedals , effects etc. With the PX5S you can program it all by yourself the way you want it I've heared nice patches like the Ukelele from Bradmz or the MK rhodes from Mau Van , Mike Martin , Kristian to name a few it gives me the wow factor.  

I'm going to say it blunt your not a lazy musician if you create you're own sounds like that and rather you like to want them served on a platter like the Roland , Korg and Yamaha which is also nice, But you get into a total  different understanding of sound creation when you approach you're synth/keyboard like that needles to say its in you're own capable hands how it all sounds. It just takes some in depth delving from all the parameters screens , routing knob twisting that part is a technical journey to memorize I hope myself to participate all of these thing and post about them or make my first video about this.

I smile when playing the keyboard XD.