Exploiting the CTK-7000 Pattern Sequencer to Make Hip Hop Beats

• 3 weeks later...

Live looping with vocal sample on a soulful tip.

Still wishing that Casio made it possible to record more than one bar in real time.

This groove would have needed four bars (64 steps).

I'm actually just curious to know how much more expensive the unit would have been if the step sequencer function allowed for longer realtime recording like an electribe would do.

Peace!

I don't own a G1 so most of your stuff doesn't apply to my P1 anyway.

Still, I have one small complaint about the videos.

Your logo takes up 80% of the screen and the actual keyboard video is buried away in a tiny corner at an obtuse angle that really doesn't allow anyone to actually see which buttons you're pushing.

My advice is if you plan to make instructional videos about the XW line then make them overhead views of the full keyboard full screen with an insert of the screen display up in a corner.

Otherwise they are not really useful as anything other than a bit of musical entertainment.

Personally I stopped paying attention to this thread ages ago, but it continues to pop up now and again.

Gary ;)

I don't own a G1 so most of your stuff doesn't apply to my P1 anyway.

Still, I have one small complaint about the videos.

Your logo takes up 80% of the screen and the actual keyboard video is buried away in a tiny corner at an obtuse angle that really doesn't allow anyone to actually see which buttons you're pushing.

My advice is if you plan to make instructional videos about the XW line then make them overhead views of the full keyboard full screen with an insert of the screen display up in a corner.

Otherwise they are not really useful as anything other than a bit of musical entertainment.

Personally I stopped paying attention to this thread ages ago, but it continues to pop up now and again.

Gary ;)

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback.

The videos that you speak of are not meant to be "instructional videos" as such, but I do get people asking me which chords I use so I place the overlay on there so people can pause and copy without me having to go back and check what I played.

I'm just sharing the fun that I can have with a £200 casio keyboard.

"Share your music here" is the name of the thread and I find it amazing that a casio keyboard can make music that is so close to the sound that I want to make.

What can I say? Sharing is addictive. I've tried to stop.

Yes I could have uploaded mp3s instead of videos but I happen to prefer videos plus having a link to YouTube means I am not adding to any bandwidth issues with people downloading large files.

If I do create any instructional videos then I will take onboard your advice about having an insert of the screen.

Thanks,

Peace!

The last in the series of Casio XW-G1 Beats/Loops/Grooves.

This keyboard is great for getting ideas down and is great for the price with the only features that seem to lacking being:

1. longer samping time at 42khz

2. longer real time step sequencing.

The FuzzyHarmonix preset (P:090) has been great for inspiring me to raise my synth-solo game.

Peace!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...