Happy 4th

I can tell it's an American anthem because of the attack drones :D :D :D

Seriously though, nice experimental effort and here's wishing all our American buddies on the forums a Happy and Safe Fourth of Joo-Lie!!! :D :D :D

Gary from the frozen poles... ;)

Seriously though, nice experimental effort and here's wishing all our American buddies on the forums a Happy and Safe Fourth of Joo-Lie!!! :D :D :D

You're crazy and happy. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Experimental effort  on a -C-G1/P1?

Is that possible ?   :blink:

See kid's, this is how the KWell pro's view us -- we are the  - "experimental effort".

(of corce as a side note, i'd love a kurzweil K2600-- (got to love the slide ribbon))  <---__s_l_i_d__----->

Then i could be a real "Experimental effort"  -- err   i ment, Expert. :>

-------------------------------------

(And yes im being a bit, sarcastic.)   :)

Larry

Alas, Jordan Rudess jumped ship years ago and no longer shills for Kurzweil.

Today he can be found diddling about with Korg Kronoses and Kromes and Microkorgs and such stuff :P

At any rate if I could play one tenth as quickly as he does I'd be selling a million copies on itunes.

And I did not mean to slight your performance Larry and I'm sorry if I came off as condescending but I found your piece somewhat lacking in melody and structure and lord knows I'm guilty of that particular thoughtcrime myself on most of my own pieces. ;)

Then again it's a big world out there and no matter what people play these days, there always seems to be an audience for it.

Be it Arthur Schoenberg's Twelve Tone compositions or Anton Webern's Atonal masterpieces, or John Cage's Prepared Piano or Steve Reich's Minimalism there are a lot of groundbreaking genres out there. 

Please don't hold my feet to the fire for a single flippant comment when it's obvious we are all here trying to improve our mastery of the craft and hone our skills at exploiting the technologies which we are fortunate enough to have lived to have seen :)

Gary

Alas, Jordan Rudess jumped ship years ago and no longer shills for Kurzweil.

Today he can be found diddling about with Korg Kronoses and Kromes and Microkorgs and such stuff :P

At any rate if I could play one tenth as quickly as he does I'd be selling a million copies on itunes.

And I did not mean to slight your performance Larry and I'm sorry if I came off as condescending but I found your piece somewhat lacking in melody and structure and lord knows I'm guilty of that particular thoughtcrime myself on most of my own pieces. ;)

Then again it's a big world out there and no matter what people play these days, there always seems to be an audience for it.

Be it Arthur Schoenberg's Twelve Tone compositions or Anton Webern's Atonal masterpieces, or John Cage's Prepared Piano or Steve Reich's Minimalism there are a lot of groundbreaking genres out there. 

Please don't hold my feet to the fire for a single flippant comment when it's obvious we are all here trying to improve our mastery of the craft and hone our skills at exploiting the technologies which we are fortunate enough to have lived to have seen :)

Gary

None taken at all Gary, it really is not a song, just something i wiped up for fun in less then 10 min's and just so happen i was recording at that time so i said "Oh, what the heck, it's the 4th" :)

But my last post was about the slide ribbion and 2600K not J.R.

I think we can do something like that with the ipad setup ?

Have you tryed the ipad program?

I can't aford  $200 for one.

Larry

I've never been a "Cult of Apple" Fanboy and my only experiences with Android tablets left me feeling "Meh, nice toy but what is it good for?"

The Kurzweil ribbon controllers are indeed very kewl though.  I have one on my PC3K and those three octave slides make for some real screaming leads.

As for the Rudess comment, I believe you posted a different vid originally then changed it with an edit cause I coulda sworn I saw JR playing a Kurzweil K2600 in that one.

Maybe it's time I started ordering Alzheimer's meds online?  :D :D :D

Gary

&nbsp;

I've never been a "Cult of Apple" Fanboy and my only experiences with Android tablets left me feeling "Meh, nice toy but what is it good for?"

&nbsp;

The Kurzweil ribbon controllers are indeed very kewl though.&nbsp; I have one on my PC3K and those three octave slides make for some real screaming leads.

&nbsp;

As for the Rudess comment, I believe you posted a different vid originally then changed it with an edit cause I coulda sworn I saw JR playing a Kurzweil K2600 in that one.

&nbsp;

Maybe it's time I started ordering Alzheimer's meds online?&nbsp; :D :D :D

&nbsp;

Gary

Yes, im no apple guy myself, but if i had the ca$h for an ipad, it would be nice to see how it work's with my G1.

But at the price even for a used one all i have to say is - "No can do".

And as far as the old people's All time'er's ... well just say NO. (if you remember to) to Drugs my friend! ;)

Larry

• Like 1