Video Files on Forum ×

Do you love progressive ROCK!.

I found this link on another forum gives a little summation of key's and such made me skip a heart beat reading it XD.

Know some of you surely would like it, Ivé found a sound reading it which I'm going to try to build myself on the PX5S and G1

its the Wurly from the Queen song "You're my best friend" its so beautiful to listen to.

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=91772

• Like 2

I love prog rock too.. :) and in particular, i love hammond, arp synthyzers and fender rhodes sounds... As you can listen in the "share your music" section, i ve posted a couple of tunes, that reproduce the sound of Arp+Fender Rhodes (with my XW-P1 and a Nord Electro).
wurlitzer has got a warm and cool sound too, with little differences

• Like 2

King Crimson, ELP, Yes and others-this was the birthplace of multi-keyboard players and experimental sounds. Brian Auger also comes to mine, but he was more "fusion" but i guess he could be considered progressive.

Years ago, late 60s into around 1970 our band "Blue Angel" played in alot of clubs around NY-NJ covering among others, many of ELP's hits, which was not easy with 2 Hammonds, a C3 and a B3, 2 leslies, a ring modulator and other outboard effects and (later) a minimoog and memorymoog courtesy of our keyboard player Robbie-I was drumming at that time trying for the Carl Palmer stuff but that's how i was intrigued by the advances that were taking place at that time in keyboards, which I ended up adding to my repertoire (and still am). Took alot of rehearsing but was great fun. Tarkus is still one of my favorites.

I practiced alot on the early Wurlitzer tine pianos, which had a piano action (sort of) and that wonderful distorted sound gotten by slapping the keys hard. And the memorymoog was atrocious-it went out of tune when it warmed up, overheated and weighed as much as a sawn-down hammond-we'd cut the legs off so we could carry it easier! So yes, I still love the progressive rock bands and kept my old vinyls-yep I'm a dinosaur.

• Like 2

That article is a great find.  I visit ProgArchives often but never came across that post.  I too have been a long-time prog fan, starting with ELP to Genesis to Marillion and up to more "modern" prog bands.  The reason I have my Casio WK7500 and XW-P1 is that it gives me lots of "Prog" horsepower in a two keyboard setup.

Thanks for sharing!

Pierre

• Like 3