Video Files on Forum ×

mod wheel as Leslie for a specific organ zone

dbluemuse

trying to emulate a leslie with the mod wheel (specifically assigned to organ only) and I just want a faster vibrato (not wobbly) and I have zero idea how to mess with the two parameters in the editor

- I understand it is limited but  do I set one to a low number setting and another to a higher number setting…I have been doing trial and error but maybe someone out there has found the right "fast speed" that sounds realistic ( at least when mixed with a band)

Hmm.  What stage setting are you using?   The stage setting determines the function of all of the controls.  Organ stage settings typically have the rotary fast/slow assigned to the pedal.  The "leslie" simulation is the "rotary" DSP effect.   That effect will be assigned to the tone and then in turn, the speed parameter of that dsp assigned to the mod wheel.  I'll give you more details when I know what stage setting you are starting with. 

• Like 1

I'm sure you can set the mod wheel to turn the Leslie effect on/off. However, if you're looking to do more than that, such as control the speed through a range with it, let us know.

Also, if you generally think the Leslie effect as programmed isn't good enough, you may or may not be able to tweak it to get it to your liking. Getting the Leslie sound right can be a particular thing for many!

thanks for the quick response….I used a stage setting in the 9 bank and created 4 zones for for 4 different sounds and, because of the truly great editor, was able to assign sustain pedal to just piano, and things like reverb, delay to just guitar and elec piano, and the only zone that looks to the mod wheel is organ….I could set pedal 2 for the leslie if you think that will work better -because the sustain for keys is no real sustain at all - but I do have other pedals that can serve as what? on/off ? because where would I look to try and simulate ramp up and ramp down and speed of "leslie on"?

the mod wheel choices do affect the sound but I am pissing in the wind and like you mentioned - it is different for each pre set- os I have chosen Gospel and Rock 2 for the stage settings I would like to have even the slightest perceptible change of leslie speed.

thanks again for begin there

DBlue

You can put it on the mod wheel or pedal...your choice.   Same procedure for both.  But here's the problem.  Rock organ is a tone with the leslie rotation recorded in the sample. The leslie dsp effect simply can't be heard on that tone.  I tried adjusting it many ways but none of it is noticeable.  You might wanna go with the drawbar organ tone for a controllable rotation effect.  Sorry, but this is a weak area for the PX-5s.  If you wanna apply rotary speed to the mod wheel here's what you do.  All of this is done on the front panel of the PX-5s.  Not the data editor.

1)Use the zone buttons to select the zone. Select the tone you want (only certain organ tones work to give a noticeable rotary effect).  

2)Press edit>tone>effect>dsp edit>make sure rotary or drive rotary is selected as "type">

3)Adjust the rotary effect settings to taste.  Check dry level.  Make sure it is 000.  Wet level 100 or so.  

4)Exit out completely

5)Press edit>stage setting>common edit>modulation(or pedal 2) edit>scroll through the list and select "speed" as the "target"

6)Exit out completely 

7)Press write>stage setting>enter>yes

• Like 1