Video Files on Forum ×

user songs and song recorder

Somewhere around here I posted about the differences between "user songs" and "song recorder" songs in the PX-350 which are not the same animal. Important since each is saved in a different location with different menu operations, and each has different limitations or uses.

Finding this distinction somewhat confusing after repeated studying of the manual, (woof!) I finally realized that "song recorder" songs created with the 17-track sequencer can only be saved and re-loaded into the PX350 as ".CSR" files in the song recorder memory slots, and cannot be saved as SMF (standard midi) files or any other format I can find.

Only "user songs" can be loaded as SMF midi files into the user song slots. And a user song is separate from the song recorder-one cannot be transferred to the other as far as I can tell. You cannot copy a midi song arrangement or file into the song recorder. I wish there was a way to overcome this limitation, but I can't find one.

Only solution is software tied to the PX-350 to create, save and replay midi arrangements from the song recorder setup which works fine, Too bad a keyboard with this many features has such a funky way of housekeeping. Guess it's from its digital piano DNA which (most digital pianos) tend to be designed something like this, if they even have a multi-track song recorder which most don't.

In an upgraded version, would simplify things if both functions became one, and lose the seperate menu functions and proprietary .CSR format-keep everything SMF for creating, saving and editing.

I'm posting this to help any other PX350 players that may have not yet understood how this all works. I'm still not sure how it all works, but it does. Sometimes I thinks I shoulda stuck with the noseflute, sigh. Or spoons. As for the long post,  if anybody can think of shorter way to explain all this.......I'm listening!